Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

August 2016 Software update

Discuss the GoPro Hero4 Silver Here

August 2016 Software update

Postby Uncleroger » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:29 am

Anybody else having a problem uploading the new updates?
I received an email for Go-Pro offering the new update. ( 08/20/2016 )
Followed instructions and had problems.
First, I updated software, Then had no response from my camera. (although I followed the somewhat limited instructions)
Tried uploading upgrade again and the only choice I had was to remove currant existing software on my desktop.clicked OK.
OK, did so and found that now there is no software on my desktop.
OK, so tried again and downloaded new software and upgrades. Software is on desktop, NOW, what do I do as MY Hero 4 Silver does not see an available upgrade or I am just not talented enough to understand?
Sorry as I am "not so good at this", and thank you in advance for any help of suggestions!!

Roger ~
Uncleroger

Re: August 2016 Software update

Postby PTCX » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:51 pm

PTCX

Re: August 2016 Software update

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:59 am

Thanks PTCX, I updated mine manually and it worked great.

Also updating manually lets you keep the version so if something is up for the next update you still have a copy of the old one.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Hero4 Silver