Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Battery Eliminator - External Portable Power Supply

Reliably Power your GoPro, USB, Dummy Battery, etc

Battery Eliminator - External Portable Power Supply

Postby bombero » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:38 pm

I've just ordered a battery eliminator that acts like a dummy battery. I'm now shopping around for a portable battery pack. Most of these packs have to USB outputs - one at 1A and one at 2.1A (some even have 2.4A available). Excuse my lack of understanding here, but what's the safest to power my GoPro?
bombero

Re: Battery Eliminator - External Portable Power Supply

Postby flareside » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:27 pm

They are all safe as the camera only pulls what it needs. How much power depends on mode but some will pull a little more than 1A so it is probably best to go 1.5A or better.
flareside

Postby bombero » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:26 am

Thanks flareside, much appreciated!
bombero

Postby Bags » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:10 am

I went with the plug from Hyper juice, plugs in the wall x2 10w usb ports. Plenty of power and battery life, recharges by plugging in the wall.
Bags

Return to GoPro External Power Solutions