Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Cam-Do Battery Eliminator - Dummy Battery & Mains Pack

Reliably Power your GoPro, USB, Dummy Battery, etc

Postby Cam-Do.com » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:26 am

The battery eliminator consists of a "fake battery" which snaps into the battery compartment of any model Hero 3 or Hero 3+ camera and replaces the stock battery.

The power cord connects to a small AC adapter (100-240 VAC).

Once plugged in, the GoPro will run until the SD card is full.

Since the charging circuit of the camera is not used, the camera runs cooler than when it is charging a battery, which also gets hot from use and charging. This is a significant advantage over using a battery and charging via the USB connection.

It also means that any glitches that occur due to the charging circuit and associated firmware are completely eliminated.

The battery eliminator is an ideal companion product with ourTime Lapse Intervalometer or Programmable Scheduler for shooting long time lapse videos.

Battery Eliminator kit - Price $34.95
Dummy Battery only - Price $20.00

:D Click to buy a Battery Eliminator :D
Cam-Do.com
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: 30% Discount on Battery Eliminator for Hero 3

Postby Cam-Do.com » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:03 am

Ifti wrote:Do you do a UK version with UK power plug etc and UK shipping??

The adapter power cord has a standard connector on the end.

You probably already have one from some other charger. If not, it would be easy to find at some place like Maplin.

Cam-Do.com
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: 30% Discount on Battery Eliminator for Hero 3

Postby Cam-Do.com » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:07 am

flareside wrote:What are the V and A specs on the power supply?

The power supply input is 100-240 V 0.1 A 50-60 Hz.

Output is 4.35 VDC 1A.
Cam-Do.com
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby cbwim » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:55 am

This is brilliant. I just received my Cam-do Battery Elimitator power supply and adapter for my Hero 3 black and have set it up to record a time lapse. I just checked afer 3 hours and its still going strong. And the camera is the same temperature as the table I have it set up on outside. I have the cable plugged into power via an extension cord coming out of my workshop. It will be interesting to see how long this will go. I am using a 32gb Scandisk card (I've never had any issues with these but then I don't drive my GoPro cameras too hard, avoiding ProTune and all the fancy stuff) and am using 7mp wide every 10 seconds as the picture and timelapse setting. Someone else can do the math for me - I just hope to go all day (I have a few of these chips and will swap when they fill, if they fill).

Thank you Cam-Do (see cam-do.com )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cbwim

Re: Cam-Do Battery Eliminator - Dummy Battery & Mains Pack

Postby chernowii » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:50 am

I have one, ran 30 days without any problem, 1000% recommendable.
chernowii

Re: Cam-Do Battery Eliminator - Dummy Battery & Mains Pack

Postby r1d3snowboards » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:01 am

I have 6 of these for my motorsports application, they work phenominally. No more are the days of swapping cameras/SD cards/batteries. This system is a standalone power supply that will keep you recording for nearly 7 hrs on a 64GB card recording at 1080/30 (my personal recording settings).
r1d3snowboards

Return to GoPro External Power Solutions