Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Camkix GoPro Clamp Review

This section is for PRODUCT REVIEWS done by GoProUserForum Admins. If your company would like to be included here, please PM RAMBO for details.

Camkix GoPro Clamp Review

Postby X5rdman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:52 am

Well thanks to Camkix, they sent me the clamp to try out and post a review. Well here goes the review.

To start, I was surprised by the weight of the box before opening. I was really expected a lot of plastic parts, WRONG, a complete metal clamp, the 'riser' where the mount screw is metal, the flexible neck is metal, even the ballhead adapter is metal, the only plastics I can find is the GoPro tripod mount included. So first impression out the box, looking good so far. Definitely would suggest CamKix update the description on the website and Amazon to explain the materials the parts are made from, as I am sure others have the same impression of plastic parts.

Included is the clamp with a typical threaded camera mount screw, the flexible neck, the ballmount, GoPro tripod mount with screw. So you have different set-ups you can use:
1) Clamp with GoPro directly using the Tripod mount
2) Clamp with ballmount and clamp
3) Clamp with flexible tube and Gopro
4) Clamp with flexible tube and ballmount with Gopro.
5) of course since this is a standard camera mount, it should work with any camera that has a standard tripod screw mount

The metal clamp has a strong spring, the mount section is attached with two screws as seen here. it includes a nice rubber piece on each jaw that protects the mounting surface you are attaching the clamp too.

The Flexible neck is very stiff, so I doubt it will move much in the wind. The ballmount seems very sturdy made also, I have a cheap version of one of these, that will end up in the trash now that I have a better one.
This is very well built mount, that my 12 year old daughter just tried to open the clamp and had to use two hands, it is strong.

The only thing I can find that needs improved is a way to tighten the shaft to the clamp, as once attached it did come a bit loose while bending the shaft to the angle I was looking for. Of course a quick twist and good to go. I would suggest a rubber piece or O-ring on the mounting screw to give it something to grip and lock to or change the shape of the female part of the flexible shaft to nut type shape to have something to hold onto to tighten it down. I will most likely find an o-ring that fits and add that.

Overall Rating 9 out 10, if the shaft would have stayed tight, would have given it a 10. GREAT PRODUCT AND DEFINITELY A WINNER!!!!!
X5rdman

Return to Product Reviews