Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

can you help me identify what model gopro this is?

Discuss the GoPro Hero3 White & Silver + BacPacs, General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

can you help me identify what model gopro this is?

Postby drseuss18 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:46 am

Hey guys,

our company deals with purchsing large lots of electronics and we came across around 70 gopros. we have 2 different colors. dark gray and white. The dark gray ones seem to be Gopro Hero + action. The white ones are unknown to me. when i start the camera up, it says gopro hero 3+. Is this a prototype? if anyone has any information, let me know.ImageImageImageImage
Attachments
IMG_6602.JPG
drseuss18

Re: can you help me identify what model gopro this is?

Postby sidd finch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:20 am

It looks like a Gopro Hero but since it is white not so sure. I would suggest scrolling through the menu for resolution settings. This will give you a better sense of what it does so you can back into what the model number might be. Each version of camera has different resolution settings.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby drseuss18 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:00 am

scrolled to settings and I get two options. 1080-30 or 720-60.
drseuss18

Postby MrGrunthunter » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:03 am

Does it have WiFi capability? If so you could connect it to the GoPro App and read what it is.
MrGrunthunter

Postby drseuss18 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:13 am

no wifi. The settings menu gives me these options:

Resolution/upside down/1 btn mode/NTSCorPAL/LED/Beeps/Date&time/Delete/Settings

and the main menu gives me:

Video/Photo/Burst/Time Lapse/
drseuss18

Postby sidd finch » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:26 am

From What you are describing it sounds like it is the Hero model released a couple of years ago.

From the picture it looks like the camera cannot be removed from the case which is how the Hero was made.

You might try to get the serial number from a unit and contact gopro and see if they can tell you what it was. Sounds like someone custom ordered the Hero cameras in white. But it would still be pretty cool to have 50 of them.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby drseuss18 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:16 am

yeah I definitely have more than 50 lol thanks for the help guys...now I dont know what to do with them :/Image
drseuss18

Postby sidd finch » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:40 am

Well if you do not end up selling them...Depending on where you live you might want to donate them to some local elementary / High Schools. Would be a great help to kids and you could get a good tax write off.

Just a thought.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby drseuss18 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:48 am

:D thanks! will keep in mind
drseuss18

Postby flareside » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:16 pm

I'm guessing these are pre-production test models that never went any farther. The low version of the firmware kind of points to that. The expansion slot on the back also points to the 3+ level as that slot is not included of the basic hero line. These may actually be a 3+ White model that was abandoned before it ever went anywhere. Could be worth something to collectors some day. (GoPro may also have a **** fit if they find you selling them. They're kind of touchy about things like that.)
flareside

Return to GoPro Hero3 White & Silver Editions