Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Charge and use external mic cable

Discuss External Mics, Recorders, etc. No Camera Issues Please.

Charge and use external mic cable

Postby Leecavturbo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:41 am

As these are unobtainable in a neat package I've made one which has 2 metres of single cable between mini usb and the split to a usb A plug to plug into usb power source and stereo 3.5mm socket to plug mic into.
So if you need one I can make and at the length you want within reason. On the bay.co.uk
The reason I wanted this is because I had my Cam mounted at the front bumper/fender and wanted a neat single cable routed back to the cabin before plugging in power/mic. Plus gopro's own combo would of had 3 unused plugs dangling about looking a mess.
i could make the breakout cable for the mic at the camera end for those wanting mic mounted at that end.
Last edited by Leecavturbo on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Leecavturbo

Re: Charge and use external mic cable

Postby cacdk » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:56 am

Hi,
Does the LCD will switch off when using your cable? That is another problem with GoPro's own combo.

Thanks in advance,
BR Claus
cacdk

Postby Leecavturbo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:25 am

Whilst I haven't tested that I believe it will stay on because my cable only triggers inputs not outputs. And I presume that Gopro would have configured the back pack to switch off whilst using an external monitor as why would you need both. If you meant the front lcd then I can confirm this stays on
Leecavturbo

Postby stevepud » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:08 pm

oops, duplicate post!
(well not any more!)
Last edited by stevepud on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevepud

Postby stevepud » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Nice one Lee - something I'd thought about a number of times.
I've had loads of noise/interferance issues with genuine GoPro cables, both the combo and the dedicated mic adapter.
Look forward to seeing how yours fare against noise.

Steve (Stevo7) :)
stevepud

Postby IW4 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:58 am

Are you still making these? I've been looking for this for practically forever, and proved beyond doubt that my soldering skills are not up to scratch. Having one with the breakout at the camera end would be absolutely brilliant!
IW4

Postby ehboym » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi,

Can you post a wiring diagram ?

Thanks
ehboym

Postby stevepud » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:07 pm

I guess Lee hasn't set up notifications - I've sent him an email to alert him....
stevepud

Postby Leecavturbo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi chaps/steve yep notifications not set.

I have revised it, as mentioned in this thread noise can be an issue.
What I have done now is audio break out cable is immediate from the 10pin and short. Infact I made a separated long and short version and both had zero noise.
Leecavturbo

Postby Hobby Mounts » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Do you have a photo of the actual lead by any chance?
The UK's largest selection of GoPro Cameras, Accessories & Mounts. We are also Official DJI Innovations dealers.
http://www.hobbymounts.co.uk
Hobby Mounts
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Next

Return to GoPro Audio