Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

cineform .mov into imovie 10.0.6

Mac related Editing Software but NOT GoPro Studio

cineform .mov into imovie 10.0.6

Postby interdec » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi folks.

I am new to the world of gopro, so please excuse me if I am sounding somewhat inexpert.

I have got myself a gopro Hero4 black, with which I am very pleased.

I am an experienced imovie user, always using the latest version, currently 10.0.6.

I am understanding that my files output directly from the camera are h264?? I am also understanding that I will have greatest editing capability if I adjust and convert in gopro studio to cineform .mov files.

I then want to import the files into imovie, so that I can blend with my other footage and stills. However, I can not seem to do this. Imovie does not see the cineform .mov files (greyed out). After some research, I understood that installing neoplayer would solve this problem for me, but it has not done so. It did install, but does not make any difference.

I see from some research that a lot of people are facing this issue, but after a few hours spent reading, I can't see than anyone has actually come up with a solution, or if they have, no one is letting-on! So, I thought I'd come straight to the home of the experts....HELP!

TIA,

Jim
interdec

Re: cineform .mov into imovie 10.0.6

Postby interdec » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Just wondering if the lack of any response means that no one knows/no one has managed to figure it out, or if I am suffering from cyber BO?

Jim :-)
interdec

Re: cineform .mov into imovie 10.0.6

Postby Ifti » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:45 pm

Have you tried importing from the camera to iMovie directly? Why do you need to use Cineform at all?

I import my footage from the camera directly into FCPX and everything works fine. I seem to recall doing the same when I used to use iMovie. I've never used any other software in between.
Ifti

Return to Mac