Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Cineform Software won't open

PC related editing but NOT GoPro Studio

Cineform Software won't open

Postby bulgerian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:44 am

I have been struggling with this for over a month now. A while ago my Cineform worked perfectly fine and I loved it. I didn't take any videos for a while, but eventually I ended up taking some and wanted to upload and edit them. When I went to open Cineform I double click on it and nothing happens. I get the little blue spinning loading circle for like a second but nothing ever load.

I have tried talking to someone that works for Cineform multiple times and he even remotely accessed my computer. He never was able to figure out the problem. All of my other programs all work perfectly fine. Cineform is the only thing that will not open.

Anyone have any ideas?
bulgerian

Re: Cineform Software won't open

Postby crzzz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am

I am experiencing the same.
New user, downloaded from GoPro site, installed, no errors shown.
Double-Click on icon and nothing happens.
Eventually get the following prompt:
"GoProImport has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem."

GoPro CineForm Studio 1.2.1.129 Running on Win7
Tried re-installing and re-booting without resolution...
Running Cineform in Administrator mode, does not work either.

If anyone has any advice/hint/comments, please share...
Last edited by crzzz on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
crzzz

Postby Steve McCurrach » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:43 am

Hi Crzzz,
You could have been writing my story, as I have the exact same problem.
I've just bought the Wifi backpack & remote and I'm very keen to use it, but I was cautioned that we should first do the firmwear upgrade, all nicely tutored in GoPro's site, but none of this helps if CineForm can't/won't open. It is enormously frustrating that after this expense I cannot penetrate the IT barrier.

I look forward to any suggestions.
Thanks and Cheers,
Steve
Steve McCurrach

Postby Steve McCurrach » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:09 am

Hello again,
Continuing my search for a solution I found the forum hread at this URL to be dealing with the exact same matter, they just worded it differently;
cineform-won-t-run-goproimport-has-stopped-working-t6598.html and sadly it seems that one has to be a qualified/skilled IT guru in order to get your Wifi backpack working.
I can't help but figure that one buys say a TV, break it outta the packaging, hook it up to the power, load the supplied batteries in the remote and Voila! it all works. Conversely, to make a GoPro wifi backpack work is a hair pulling mission.

I followed every suggestion made by the folks at the above mirror of our need and nothing worked. So sad and I can only hope that GoPro/CineForm step in here and relieve us of this anguish.

Cheers,
Steve
Steve McCurrach

Postby crzzz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Steve,

I tried the same URL earlier...no dice...AUGH!!!!!
Checked registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CineForm\ColorProcessing\LUTPath = C:\Users\Public\CineForm\LUTs
No help...

microsoft.NET framework 3.5.1
Control panel - Programs and features - Click the 'Turn windows feachures on or off' (top LHS of screen) - open the 'microsoft.NET framework 3.5.1' (be patient it takes a little time) - turn both items on - apply and then try the cineform.
No help...

Disabled McAfee:
No help...

I'm out of search material and ideas...
Time = $$$$
At this point, I am going to checkout other software/cameras...
crzzz

Postby crzzz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:54 am

ok, got breakthrough!!!

Mcafee is running.

I'm using a work computer...App will only work when I am VPN into work
I do not know what this means yet but i wanted to share...

will update asap I discover more info.
crzzz

Return to PC