Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

External USB Power Pack without power saving feature

Reliably Power your GoPro, USB, Dummy Battery, etc

External USB Power Pack without power saving feature

Postby [email protected] » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:29 am

Hi
I'MaX, i read many threads about long timelapses..and i think as many of you that the best solution is an external usb power pack..but i don't want to buy as i was blind without right information...i'd like to avoid a PP that have an automatic power saving feature which turns off the battery when the camera is charged...so it won't need to be there to power on the PP..
Can you siggest me something without this feature or with a swicthable one?
Tnx a lot, MaX
[email protected]

Re: External USB Power Pack without power saving feature

Postby flareside » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:48 am

flareside

Postby Rambo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 am

[email protected] wrote:Hi
I'MaX, i read many threads about long timelapses..and i think as many of you that the best solution is an external usb power pack..but i don't want to buy as i was blind without right information...i'd like to avoid a PP that have an automatic power saving feature which turns off the battery when the camera is charged...so it won't need to be there to power on the PP..
Can you siggest me something without this feature or with a swicthable one?
Tnx a lot, MaX

"Best Solution" would be using an external power source AND NOT using the camera USB to keep the battery charged.

This requires removal of the GoPro battery and replacing it with a dummy battery which is then powered by the external source. (12 v Car charger, USB port, any external battery, wall socket)

Check Switronix link in my signature, also Cam-Do have a power solutions, as do Hardened Power Systems.
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby Hobby Mounts » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:09 pm

How long do you need the GoPro to be powered for?
The UK's largest selection of GoPro Cameras, Accessories & Mounts. We are also Official DJI Innovations dealers.
http://www.hobbymounts.co.uk
Hobby Mounts
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Return to GoPro External Power Solutions