Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Filming with gopro hero 3+ silver

Discuss the GoPro Hero3 White & Silver + BacPacs, General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

Filming with gopro hero 3+ silver

Postby Debaggerboot » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:12 am

When i film with the gopro longer then 12 minutes there will be 2 separate movies on the sd card.. Any one knows how to make it film longer then 12 minutes.. On the gopro itself i can only see 1 movie though..
Debaggerboot

Re: Filming with gopro hero 3+ silver

Postby PTCX » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:35 am

That is called chaptering,it's normal behaviour and you can not change it.
It is to do with the FAT32 file system which limits file size to a maximum of 4GB.
The separate files can be joined together in an editing program and they will join seamlessly with no gaps or lost frames.
PTCX

Postby Debaggerboot » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:30 am

Ah ok i see to bad.. U know a free program that does just that..? I'm Having some trouble using the gopro editing software that comes with Quick. And Quick is giving me trouble when importing video's..
Debaggerboot

Postby PTCX » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:22 pm

GoPro Studio is probably the best free editing program going but it can be hard to run properly if your computer is not powerful enough.
What problem are you having with it?

If it is that you are new to editing and having problems with how to do things there is a user manual built in to the program.At top left of screen click on the Help menu and select GoPro Studio Manual.

Here's the quick and dirty tutorial on joining those two clips.
Forget about Quik for now,and start with taking the sd card out of the camera and use a card reader to transfer your files to the computer.
When the card is read and Quik opens,just close it.

Open GoPro Studio and say No Thanks to get started with Quik.
Click on Import New Files and find the files you just transferred to the computer and select the files you want to use and click Open.
In Advanced settings most settings will be as they need to be but make sure to check the box for AVI in File Format,High in Quality and Remove Fisheye if you want.Select Remember Settings and the same settings will be applied to all imported clips.
Click on each clip in the Import list to hilite them and then click on Add Selected To Conversion List,then Convert All.
Wait for conversion to complete and move to step 2 Edit.
In Step 2 Edit,cancel the Template options or select Blank Template.
Drag the clips onto the Storyboard one by one and when you drop the second clip it will join to the first.
From here you can make any adjustment you want with the tools on the right side of screen,but that is another tutorial on it's own.
Now you have the two clips together on the storyboard you can Export them.
Click on Export and choose the output quality settings.Most of the options are fully preset and unchangeable except for Archive/Edit and Custom.
Next click on Export and choose where the final video will be sent and name the file.Click on Save and the file will be rendered and loaded into the folder you chose.

I hope that helps to get you started.
Stick with it as GoPro Studio is the best free editor I've used and has more tools and ability than any other free app I know of.

The only other free editor I've used that I would recommend would be Arcsoft Media Impression.

There's heaps of tutorials on youtube too,check some out.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +tutorials
PTCX

Return to GoPro Hero3 White & Silver Editions