Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Go Pro HD: no way to TURN OFF

This Old Forum is now locked but ARCHIVED, if anyone wants a thread resurrected, let us know and it will be transferred to the Updated Forums.

Go Pro HD: no way to TURN OFF

Postby LFProd » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:47 am

While reccording during a snowkite session, the Go Pro HD went wrong :arrow: no way to stop the reccording or to turn off the camera :!:
Fixed screen = Video logo r4, and no red light flashing
Finally I had no other solution than to deconnect the battery.
It was impossible to open the resulting mp4 file ~ 1 Go on my PC.

I have used it again the day after, no problem in the same conditions (snow and cold) :roll:

Any idea :?: :!: thanx

SDHC card SanDisk Extreme III 8 GB
LFProd

Re: Go Pro HD: no way to TURN OFF

Postby 2002-MOE » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:22 am

I had the same problem with my GoPro every time I used it right out of the box, I bought an HP 8GB SDHC card at Radioshack the day I got it and started filming anything and everything. I had been using R1 to do footage tests but most often my camera would seem to freeze and get completely unresponsive after about 15 minutes. The LCD would still show the number 1 with no 001,002,003 shown and the red light was no longer flashing. To turn it off I had to take out the battery and put it back in at which point a received an SoS error. I did manage to recover the file and watch it up to the point that the camera locked up, that's why I believe that the camera was no longer filming in your case, it was just frozen on.

I swapped the memory with a photographer friend, he gave me Kingston SDHC 8GB card and kept my HP 8GB SDHC card. Since I changed the memory it stopped locking up and it doesn't give me any SoS errors anymore. My friend says that the HP card works fine with his Canon camera, must be yet another incompatibility issue that's not in the manual.
2002-MOE

Postby LFProd » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:57 am

Thanks 2002-MOE,
Yes you're rigth, my Go Pro is just frozen, no SOS message.
I have just used it for ~2 hours yesterday in snow condition, without any problem, and today the camera has stopped working after 1 hour and 30 recorded files.
Same problem with frozen screen and no way to turn it off (only battery removal was successful)
The Go Pro screen when frozen... (recording r4 format)

I will test it with another SDHC card to check this point.
LFProd

Postby neomatrixmimi » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:17 am

i have the exactly the same issue... i have noticed that this may be due to defective camera. Or you guys suggesting that changing SD to certain SD would resolve this problem??? I have contacted GOpro and waiting for their support to get back to me... it's frustrating buying a new product and have to go through this.
neomatrixmimi

Postby slais72 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:56 am

yeah I got the same problem and the official answer was that was probably the card ... I really do not believe it coz my card is transcend 4 which is gauranteed till -25°C ... do u have any answer to your question and hopefully a solution for the issue?
slais72

Postby Schnoidz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 am

GoPro cameras only like certain cards. Some cards that work well in other cameras do not work well with the GoPro. A common test with a problematic GoPro is to try different cards. It very often solves the problem (but not always). It's worth a try.
Schnoidz

Postby slais72 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:44 am

well I tried with 3 different cards but did not solve the problem ...I can take pictures, whatever, but not recording a video ...it starts but then freezes up!!! any other option?
slais72

Postby Schnoidz » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:41 am

slais72 wrote:well I tried with 3 different cards but did not solve the problem ...I can take pictures, whatever, but not recording a video ...it starts but then freezes up!!! any other option?

Nope, except for possibly formatting the cards with the GoPro. If you've already tried different brands and sizes of cards I guess it's time to see about returning it. One last thought is to use a card testing program on the cards to see if there's anything "weird" about them.

This program http://fightflashfraud.wordpress.com/20 ... ity-flash/ was mentioned in this thread another-files-corrupt-thread-t1475.html?hilit=fightflashfraud and might help.
Schnoidz

Postby slais72 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:17 am

I tested one card with the software u seggested and the response was ok ... no problems
the only doubt I have is that the other 2 cards I tested with the HD can't be read any more by the computer, I mean I can use them in the HD and take pics but then my laptop does not read them any more
So I'm considering not only the HD does not work properbly but it also affects the cards
Do not see any other option than sending it back
slais72

Postby Schnoidz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:00 am

I'm sorry you've had such a rough start with the GoPro and exchanging it does seem to be the answer.

Just a quick thought. Does it have the latest firmware installed? Each of mine has been delivered with the old firmware and required me to do the update myself.
http://gopro.com/support/
Schnoidz

Next

Return to Old Forum Topics - Questions, Problems and Observations - HD1, HD2 & HD3