Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Go PRO Recording in the PC

3D Discussions, Issues, Creativity.

Go PRO Recording in the PC

Postby axer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:57 am

Hey everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to record directly to the PC throw the GO PRO.

So, It wouldn't be saving the video in the SD but in the PC, so I could use it for more time, because it would be always "charging".

Is it possible?

Thanks.
axer

Re: Go PRO Recording in the PC

Postby taffclarke » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:38 pm

if you have the original gopro hd, yes just set the go pro to enable video out then capture to, on movie maker, premier or Sony vagus,
taffclarke

Postby Birder » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:13 am

I think you are asking if you can use your Gopro like a Webcam so the answer is NO

As soon as you connect your USB to a PC you can no longer switch on your Gopro, it becomes a slow USB 1.0 device and a charger and no longer has any camera functions.

I think what TaffClarke is saying is you can record via the Composite port in something like Vegas but the camera will not be connected to the PC and you will have to have an SD card in at the same time so there is not much point. Also the quality of the recording would be way down.
Birder

Postby martcerv » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:34 pm

I havent tried HDMI out yet but I assume you can get a direct feed out via HDMI but this is with the HD2 only, if you had a video capture card or a gfx card that takes HDMI in then you should be able to send a live stream direct to your PC. Im not sure what video quality you will get via HDMI though as I haven't used it and don't know if it outputs in full 1080P30 or 720P60.

You could then use a USB power plug charger to charge the gopro while doing so for extended recording times.

With the WIFI backpack you should be able to do the same if you have a WIFI network sending the stream direct to your PC for continuous recording but this too is down to what the quality of the wifi output stream will be. The HD2 specs say it can handle 2 full HD streams at once so there must be some way of getting 1080P streams out via HDMI or WIFI to a pc to do what you want.

With a HD1 though your only options are via the AV or RGB cables to a video capture card on your PC which should allow you to do the same thing.

Recording 3D direct on your computer would be very tricky as you would need to stream 2 video feeds at once and there isn't any way I know of to convert this to 3D directly and it needs stereoscopic adjustments anyway to works properly.
Forum Moderator

Support our Sponsors - Click the Links
Surya Prihadi - Advanced GoPro Tester
Snake River Prototyping - BlurFix - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Nov 2013
Sports Camera Hire & Sales Australia
HydroRemote Cable Systems
Hobby Mounts UK
Outdoor Equipment Rentals
Hardened Power Systems
Cam-Do
Fotodiox Pro - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Feb 2014
martcerv