Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

GoPro 3 : 3D Compatible

3D Discussions, Issues, Creativity.

GoPro 3 : 3D Compatible

Postby kitarolivier » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Hello,

I've seen on the GoPro site that the new Gopro 3 will be compatible with all mount and other accessories. Including GoPro 3D ? Will this new device correct the white balance/exposure, battery drain when powered off with sync cable, taking 3D pictures (still not available).

I yes, do they will exchange my old 2 Hero2 camera with this new one, as they are not able to make a firmware that correct these problems ? I may dream, don't I ? When my wife bought me this stuff for my 2011 christmas, the site was indicating '... with future firmware update ...'. Now there have been some updates, and some specs were removed (3d still pictures), and many problems stays.

Hoping that someone at gopro will read this.

A really unhappy client of gopro 3D :(
HTC Evo3D - ROM Cool ICS 13
HERO 3D with 2 HERO 2 - waiting for firmware update :( :( :(
NVIDIA 3D VISION
kitarolivier

Re: GoPro 3 : 3D Compatible

Postby Dan Fury » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:32 pm

There will be a new 3D case for the Hero 3, I read it somewhere on the official website.
Dan Fury

Postby iWATCH3D » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:42 am

On the other side, there are some very happy clients using Hero 2's in 3D and I believe to be one of them. I am absolutelly looking forward to buying two Hereo 3's when they become available in Europe later this year. The specs say WB will be adjustable,hopefully setting in on one cam will set the same thing on the other, even if not and you have to do it manually that is still an improvement. GoPro says all existing accessories will work, so yes to the 3D cable,just no the the housing because of the size change.Doesn't bother be as much as most of the time I'm using Hero 2's with an extended 3D cable , a 30cm version from Ridax with perfect sync results,so aim to use just that with Hero 3's.

Regarding WB/exposure fix of Hereo 2, this was 99% fixed in the WiFi backpack firmware update back in around August, now even further improved in latest Protune firmware out a week ago. Exposure INMO is 100% matched, and WB minimum diff is easili correctable in any editing suite, and is very tolerable even if you don't fix it ( i've seen worse WB mismatch on 3D channels like Sky 3D on 3net programming ). And not to mention Protune on it's own, that's a major improvement. Getting 24p and 35Mbps for free is beyond brilliant. Power drain - yes, could be fixed for original GoPro batteries, but if you read in the relevant subject forum, I write that it does not happen on cheap ebay replacement batteries somehow, you should give them a try. Lastly 3D photos... you can just start a 3D timelapse and stop before it takes 2nd picture ?

All in ok, ok these updates that make the 3D kit pretty bloody perfect to use , came late, but they did come and for free. Unlike any update for my Sony HDR-TD10 3D camcorder. Was really hoping for a 24p but not one update was ever released for this camera since I bought it back in May 2011. The s**tty 1080p25 actually made of 50 interlaced lines creating a 1080p25 MVC file that you can't even burn on a 3D blu-ray because such framerate doesn't exist even in the latest AVCHD 2.0 spec is still the only format you can shoot on this stupid cam. Hence it's going on eBay to partially fund the purchase of two Hero 3's.

I will definitelly keep the two Hereo 2's as a second cam on anything I do would be ultra cool, but the purchase of two Hereo 3's is inevitable.
I'm not sponsored by GoPro or anything, but I do love their products and would recommend them to anyone. To the ones that need perfection as of when they buy the product, I'd say be patient, they will sort it out, at least it doesn't cost you anything more, unlike the S-log on the Sony F3 or the payable upgrade to 4K on the FS700. Firmware upgrades should come free and they do with Gopro's.

A very happy client of GoPro :)
iWATCH3D

Postby kwals » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:50 am

I tried plugging the 3D cable into 2 Hero3s Black Edition and nothing happens.
kwals

Postby captain3d » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:17 am

Oh really? That is bad news. Maybe time to cancel that preorder.

phil
captain3d

Postby captain3d » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:30 am

I just called GoPro (support for the 3D kit) and they confirmed that the GoPro3 does not currently work with 3D sync. He could not confirm that it would be in the future plans either but presumed it would be, but admitted he did not know.

BOooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOooooOOooOOooOooOOooOOooo

phil
captain3d

Postby makofoto » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:32 am

Who needs a special case:

Makofoto: GoPro Work Snaps: http://tinyurl.com/czgjpzh & my GoPro magazine article: http://tinyurl.com/cmr5ou5
makofoto

Postby 3D87C4 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 am

Nice...but not sure I'd take it diving. <G>
3D87C4

Postby relaxman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Makofoto:

hero 1 with sync cable? You don't have exposure difference bug?
relaxman

Postby makofoto » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Mock-up, I shot with 2's
Makofoto: GoPro Work Snaps: http://tinyurl.com/czgjpzh & my GoPro magazine article: http://tinyurl.com/cmr5ou5
makofoto

Next

Return to GoPro in 3D