Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Gopro Cineform Studio will not output MP4

This Old Forum unlocked but ARCHIVED.

Re: Gopro Cineform Studio will not output MP4

Postby jcaujoost » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:55 am

It did work a few days ago, it does not work now anymore so ... same issue as reported above. It gets no result at all. Still concluding that this is a pretty solid software release...? :)
jcaujoost

Postby buttonsHT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Same issue here. I don't have dive installed either. When I click export mp4 it just sits there. No fix yet??
buttonsHT

Postby suryaprihadi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Try this decoder guys :
http://cineform.com/gopro-cineform-decoder

It may help. I changed to a newer faster solid state hardisk drive C:. None changed whatsoever, copied 100% to new SDD all of older SDD.
Installed latest Cineform Studio, suddenly I can't output MP4 from AVI ( me PC dude ).
Me was lost for a few weeks but me dont use Cineform much, so me dont bother.

One day I was looking at some cameras review , a 2K camera one from China.....not that I will ever buy, I just like reading it.
http://gearjones.com/2011/08/28/chinas- ... a-kineraw/

So they have test video files to play on some other website but me must dowload that decoder first so that my Quicktime can play that video file.
At first I was worried of downloading this decoder because who knows it will cause more conflict.
Hold and behold........my Cineform Studio can now be like last time, which is AVI to MP4 output no problemo.

Good luck..........
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby buttonsHT » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:34 am

I just did a brand new install on a freshly formatted computer with only windows 7 (64 bit) and cineform installed and it will NOT export so its not a divx conflict, its a bug with cineform studio.
buttonsHT

Postby suryaprihadi » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:57 pm

buttonsHT wrote:I just did a brand new install on a freshly formatted computer with only windows 7 (64 bit) and cineform installed and it will NOT export so its not a divx conflict, its a bug with cineform studio.

Have u tried the decoder I speak of, try it it may help.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby suryaprihadi » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 am

Here to seduce u guys to install Cineform decoder

http://cineform.com/gopro-cineform-decoder

Cineform decorder installed and MP4 output resume to normal.JPG
Cineform decorder installed and MP4 output resume to normal.JPG (217.21 KiB) Viewed 6056 times

See below the test

suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby sleddriver » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:23 am

I have had the same problem (exporting to .mp4) since I got my camera and I can't make it work. I have reloaded the software and, yes, I have tried the cineform decoder and it makes no difference. This blows and make the camera much less valuable to me.
sleddriver

Postby rfdvrcasey » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:45 am

I currently have the same problem that when I try to export it flashes for a split second and then leaves no output file. The difference for me is that I have been using it daily without problems for the past week or two and then one day it decided not to export. Has anyone from Gopro addressed this?
rfdvrcasey

Postby suryaprihadi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:20 pm

rfdvrcasey wrote:I currently have the same problem that when I try to export it flashes for a split second and then leaves no output file. The difference for me is that I have been using it daily without problems for the past week or two and then one day it decided not to export. Has anyone from Gopro addressed this?

Think back............. what did you install or change setting or update other software between that period ?
Mine was new SSD drive, but Cineform decoder helped.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby sleddriver » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:40 am

suryaprihadi wrote:
rfdvrcasey wrote:I currently have the same problem that when I try to export it flashes for a split second and then leaves no output file. The difference for me is that I have been using it daily without problems for the past week or two and then one day it decided not to export. Has anyone from Gopro addressed this?

Think back............. what did you install or change setting or update other software between that period ?
Mine was new SSD drive, but Cineform decoder helped.

I didn't change a thing. I installed the software and it wouldn't export to mp4. I gave up for a while and today I uninstalled and rebooted. I then installed the latest version of CineForm and it still won't export to mp4. This software has a hole in it and I suspect GoPro can't find it or doesn't care. I have found a workaround. I use CineForm to take the video all the way to the .avi stage and then convert to mp4 using Format Factory. It is labor intensive but it works. I am not impressed with CineForm.
sleddriver

PreviousNext

Return to Old Forum Topics - HD1, HD2 & HD3