Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

GoPro Corrupt file repair and edit Utility

This Old Forum is now locked but ARCHIVED, if anyone wants a thread resurrected, let us know and it will be transferred to the Updated Forums.

GoPro Corrupt file repair and edit Utility

Postby Rambo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:19 pm

If you have a valued GoPro clip that you suspect is corrupt (ie will not play or edit) this free software may help you.

The Repair mode function states...........

* Fix Timestamp Gaps
* Fix Continuity Errors
* Resync Audio by specifying an offset
* Correct PCR pointer in PMTs
* Remove broken Audio and Video Packets
* Fix Timestamp Wraparounds

The software will do heaps of other things as well, including non destructive cuts without re encoding.

Download link and full list of features here
http://www.bitstreamtools.com

Rambo
Rambo
Site Admin

Re: GoPro Corrupt file repair and edit Utility

Postby peter_vienna » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi,

tried it but it doesn´t seem to read the .mp4 files it always says unregognized format.

While I am browsing through the forum I am desperatly searching for a tool that can take portion of a videofile (recoverd form the filesystem) and rebuilds a correct MP4 file form ist.
mp4_2_Avi crashes....

Peter
peter_vienna

Postby tchiers » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:28 am

I've also made a repair utility for files: corrupt-video-file-restore-repair-utility-t1013.html

It has successfully repaired unplayable files for me and others. Unlike many of the other tools I tried before I made this repair utility, it does not rely on finding anything but the raw video data in the file, so it can recover from files where there is no valid mp4 container structure.
tchiers

Postby Eileen » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:26 am

Can I use this program on a Mac?
Also, my video file is an .avi, will it work with that?
I really want to get this footage saved ... it appears that there is a header and you can see the first 5 minutes but there is no footer ... at least that's what the Geek Squad at Best Buy told me.
Any help?
Eileen

Return to Old Forum Topics - Questions, Problems and Observations - HD1, HD2 & HD3