Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

GoPro Customer Service

Discuss the HD3 Black & BacPacs, General, Issues and Trouble Shooting. Please read the Stickies inside before posting

Re: GoPro Customer Service

Postby Pilothouse » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:17 am

r1d3snowboards could you let me know who you contacted at Gopro just incase the guy from customer support I spoke too is mis informed with regard to Gopro supplying these. Thanks
Pilothouse

Postby r1d3snowboards » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Pilothouse wrote:Snowboards could you let me know who you contacted at Gopro as I would like to get hold of a couple of these please? Thanks Pilothouse.

Unfortunately I can't disclose that information freely mainly due to the amount of e-mails that would spam the individual(s) who already get a few hundred e-mails daily (Trust me, I've seen their mobiles and workstations).

mwmw wrote:Are you a beta tester for GP?

I do not test any beta for GP
r1d3snowboards

Postby Pilothouse » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:53 am

Interesting reply. Can you confirm these are genuine Gopro items?
Pilothouse

Postby Ifti » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:38 am

I personally don't believe these are genuine GoPro items.
Ifti

Postby Pilothouse » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 am

I have the same school of thought Ifti having contacted Gopro themselves for a second time and had the same reply from them that this isnt an accessorise they do. However if snowboards can prove otherwise I would be delighted.........
Pilothouse

Postby flareside » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:40 pm

If you look closely, those yellow rings are injection molded plastic that match the original black ones. Chances that these are genuine is fairly good as changing colors is easy if you already have a mold but for anyone else to create a mold from scratch to do this would be cost prohibitive.

Maybe it's time to change your approach. Stop calling the CS people who have been told nothing and try the home office. Finding someone in marketing or product development might get you a lot further.
flareside

Postby Ifti » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:55 pm

flareside wrote:If you look closely, those yellow rings are injection molded plastic that match the original black ones. Chances that these are genuine is fairly good as changing colors is easy if you already have a mold but for anyone else to create a mold from scratch to do this would be cost prohibitive.

Maybe it's time to change your approach. Stop calling the CS people who have been told nothing and try the home office. Finding someone in marketing or product development might get you a lot further.

Yes, but how likely are they to injection mould a different colour just for a single customer? That seems like a lot of expense etc just to supply one customer with a yellow frame for free.
Although easily doable I'm still unsure they actually altered their manufacturing process for a one off job of 4 plastic rings in an alternate colour.

It's also strange how the OP will not provide the CS Reps name either. I mean, these reps are there to deal with customer issues. That's what they are paid to do. Why would 1 customer be so concerned about the workload of one CS Rep at GoPro.
Also strange how this one CS Rep is the only person who knows about the yellow rings and all the other reps know nothing about it.
Ifti

Postby jamesb72 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Pilothouse wrote:Thank you for contacting GoPro support. Unfortunately, those rings are not GoPro products. They are made by a third party dealer,

Just guessing but I suspect this is different country/distributors, Madison in the UK won't have any idea about those yellow lens rings, maybe the originals came from another countrys distributor who also sells those 3rd party accessories ??

I don't think I would consider paying a bundle for a load of gopro's and having accessories fitted before posting as great customer service, thats just sales !!

Great customer service is when they resolve a problem super fast - anyone heard of that happening ?
jamesb72

Postby flareside » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Ifti wrote: Yes, but how likely are they to injection mould a different colour just for a single customer? That seems like a lot of expense etc just to supply one customer with a yellow frame for free.

When that "one" customer is a billion dollar corporation that is a major source of your work, you will bend over backwards at their every whim. And changing colors is nothing more difficult than dropping in a different color of plastic pellets. Sure, there's a bit of machine cleaning involved but not a big deal when you are doing something for a major client.

Ifti wrote: It's also strange how the OP will not provide the CS Reps name either. I mean, these reps are there to deal with customer issues. That's what they are paid to do. Why would 1 customer be so concerned about the workload of one CS Rep at GoPro. Also strange how this one CS Rep is the only person who knows about the yellow rings and all the other reps know nothing about it.

Any given GoPro CS rep may have been there anywhere from 1 day to 5 years so all will not have the same level of inside information. The supervisory level will also have a different level of inside information than the peon level. And as this information does not fall within the regular "how do I fix this" realm, it would not be provided to the average rep.

As far as why he won't divulge, anyone with any sense (or decency) never craps on someone who does them a major favor and broadcasting his name would be doing just that. He would be inundated with special requests that he is not likely in a position to fulfill. I honestly doubt these housing were created specifically for the OP. Most likely they were a promo concept that was never followed through on and were just sitting on a shelf somewhere. There's not likely enough for everyone who wants one.
flareside

Postby Pilothouse » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:36 am

Interesting replies, would be nice if the original poster was more helpful but obviously he has the choice not to be but on a forum like this we are all here to help each other where we can. Lets just hope the original poster doesnt need help from other forum members in the future.......
Pilothouse

PreviousNext

Return to HD3 Hero Black Edition