Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

GoPro HD can be played back via you XBOX 360

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

Re: GoPro HD can be played back via you XBOX 360

Postby fnugen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:19 am

Will do. Luckily I have 2. But it seems strange to me that it can read the gopro native file naming but not "custom". I would have thought that it reads the file extension only. Since they are all still MP4, it just kind of had me wondering WTF ?!? I will try the 2nd one, and will post afterward.
fnugen

Postby fnugen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:45 am

Just tried the 2nd reader, same result. I tried on both consoles and got the exact same response. This reader I tried works fast to. I use it on my gaming rig and it reads the card and loads the video within 2secs total. So it isn't a slow card reader. I have no idea why the MP4s I rename will not show on the PS3.

Is the XB360 not capable of playing external video sources at 1080p? It's set to 1080i video in the system settings, and setting the display to 1080p on the 360 gives me a black screen. No idea if it plays choppy on the PS3 since it won't play those specific video's I put on the card.

Seems as though I will have to rename any video to card as something GoPro would name it. A little extra work, but if that works, well.......no biggie. Until then, if we could solve the non-gopro file names issue, even better.
fnugen

Postby pokeyrugby » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:43 am

Hooking the gopro straight to the xbox 360 is a good idea, but what if I want to save the vids from the camera to my computer and then play them on my 360? I just used gopro studio 2 to save a vid to a thumb drive, but then when I plugged it into my 360 it wouldn't play. suggestions? Should I choose a specific file type when I save it? I just left it on the default one that says full HD....
pokeyrugby

Previous

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models