Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

GoPro starts and stops recording by itself all the time

This Old Forum unlocked but ARCHIVED.

GoPro starts and stops recording by itself all the time

Postby claor » Tue May 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Hello, iv been using my gopro for a few months now and havent had any issues,

However just recently it will constantly start and stop recording on its own, when im filming something it will just stop then half a second later start again, then stop again, then start, just randomly, its as if the record button ontop is pretty much pressed in and it records and stops when ever it wants.

anyone had a similar problem or have any idea of how to fix this ?
Iv always looked after my go pro, its never been dropped etc.

Jason.
claor

Re: GoPro starts and stops recording by itself all the time

Postby claor » Tue May 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Also is the top button ment to 'click' as the one on the front does ? because it doesn't, it just feels firm and you cant feel any distinct click when you press it.

the camera is a HD hero 2.

Thanks

Jas
claor

Postby claor » Wed May 02, 2012 11:16 am

anyone ?
claor

Postby neilbryden@gmail.com » Wed May 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Yes, I had this exact problem with mine immediately after I bought it. Took it back to the shop and they replaced it.
Neil.
neilbryden@gmail.com

Postby bebseb » Sat May 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, mine's doing the same thing. It doesnt happen all of the time but when it does it's super annoying. Fills up the card quick with 1-2 second vid clips until you shut it off. I contacted GoPro and they provided me with a return authorization number. Give 'em a shout. I also noticed the button on top to be sensitive to touch; maybe that's it.
bebseb

Postby w5cdt » Sun May 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Yeah...darn it. Flying my airplane and the thing started shutting off. Never seen this problem until today. Weird. I start the video and in a few minutes the unit shuts off. The message on my LCD back screen says "slow memory card". Strange because I have a 35mbyte/sec 16 gig card. FIles get corrupted as well. HELP!!
w5cdt

Postby w5cdt » Tue May 22, 2012 6:32 am

My 32 gig PNY SD card was bad. Replaced with an 8 gig Lexar. Flew all day yesterday with no problem. A bad SD card can really confuse the Hero2. I had to remove the battery to reset the camera as it would not respond to button presses.
w5cdt

Postby Dave 500 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Try formatting the card in the camera.
Dave 500

Return to Old Forum Topics - HD1, HD2 & HD3