Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

GOPRO Studio 2.0 cannot import mp4 videos

PC related

GOPRO Studio 2.0 cannot import mp4 videos

Postby roee_feingold » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Hello everyone!
I'm download the latest version of GOPRO Studio 2.0 and i'm trying to import mp4 files (captured with GOPRO HERO 3 BLACK),
When i'm choosing the files and click OPEN , nothing happen.

My OS is windows 7 64 bit
My memory in the gopro is microsd 10 class (regular)/

I'm tried to reinstall the program but it doesn't help/

Please help me!!!

roee_feingold

Re: GOPRO Studio 2.0 cannot import mp4 videos

Postby steve_t » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Studio 2.0 seems to have issues if there are non-English characters in the file name/location.
Also, the won't import if your computer is not powerful enough to edit the type of footage captured
Check you have the latest version of quicktime installed and also that your video card driver is the latest.
What are the specs of your computer?
steve_t

Postby roee_feingold » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:55 am

steve_t wrote:Studio 2.0 seems to have issues if there are non-English characters in the file name/location.
Also, the won't import if your computer is not powerful enough to edit the type of footage captured
Check you have the latest version of quicktime installed and also that your video card driver is the latest.
What are the specs of your computer?

thank you steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your awsome!!!!
the problem was the location characters!!!
roee_feingold

Postby steve_t » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:31 am

All good. Happy to help :)
steve_t

Postby xwhitewinter » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:57 am

AFTER A LOT OF HOURS AND DAY ON THE NET I FINALLY FIND A RESULT. REALLY EASY . the directory of my videos was to long. ex: C:/MY DOCUMENT/CAMERA/GOPRO/GOPRO3/WINTER 2014/VIDEO/....GOPRO12.MP4 so you just have to change directorie, really annoying for my case, i will try to figure it out something.
xwhitewinter

Postby squidman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:46 am

My fix (am norwegian, but no weird ø or å or other characters in file names) was to give up on studio 2.0.1, uninstall with ccleaner, clean reg, and go back to studio 1.3...
2.0.1 could import files, but would only playback audio..from fast hdd with ssd caching. Tried the trick of copying to desktop, no dice. Conclusion, 2.0.1 is partially broken...or released alpha version....oh yeah am on dual xeon 8-core workstation with 4 ssd's for os, programs and caching, so not a problem with the pc...my main software (max, maya, after effects, nuke etc) works without a hitch (ok they are buggy as hell too...constant saving!)....

Wanted to use for my personal stuff (convert protune to rec709) as I couldn't be bullocked to spend time color grading that stuff.... :roll: Very nice to see 32 threads working away on the conversion again! 8-)

Edit: Phew working again! But multi-threading efficiency not that great...get about 35% utilization of threads (mind you cheaper, slower 2.x ghz processors, e5-2665, spicy :P )
squidman

Postby squidman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:22 am

Quick edit...the export function of studio 1.3 isn't that great...can't batch export with protune applied...would prefer to use the method with premiere open, using studio to color correct and then just batch export from premiere, but it keeps crashing...oh well, can't win em all! :(
squidman

Return to PC