Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

GoPro Studio locks up during step 2.

Discussion of All GoPro Studio Software Versions and issues

GoPro Studio locks up during step 2.

Postby Uncoiler » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:36 pm

I can spend all day on step one, convert my vids and move onto step 2 etc with no problems. However, once in step 2 after I drag my vids from the left column down to the lower row in the order I want, I hit the play button and it will play the video for about 10 seconds and then the Studio program freezes and locks up. Nothing will work after this point and I have to use the task manager to close the program down.

Next I tried just dragging my vids from the left column to the lower centre row and then hit the export button to try and save it without watching this new edited version. It starts to export it but after a short amount of time it freezes. My video is only four segments with a total time of 1 minute 47 seconds.

I've tried this many times over several days with the same results. I went through GoPro's webpage about what do to fix freezing/lock up issues, and after trying everything it still does the same thing. This is a very good computer running on windows 7.

Anybody have ideas what I can try to make this work. Thanks.
Uncoiler

Re: GoPro Studio locks up during step 2.

Postby mikerb » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:57 am

What are the specs of your "very good" PC? A program typicaly freezes due to either a memory location conflict or a lack of RAM.
mikerb

Postby Uncoiler » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:22 pm

I will have to look into it. Specs have not been a concern since I had it built about a year and a half ago (I'm not computer savvy) so I forget the details. I can say it cost a few thousand and was built for gaming so it had pretty high end components. Thanks for the info.
Uncoiler

Postby mikerb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:13 am

The interesting thing here is that after convertion the files are now no longer mp4 files but .avi files. There is no need to continue using Studio once the .avi files are created since you can then import them into another video editing suite and also just play them on a media player like vlc. So it would be useful to see if the files do in fact play either on vlc or on the preview screen of another video editing suite. If they...or one of them...fails to play than as Rambo suggests there is a problem with the conversion and/or the file. If it is a Studio problem it probably means the .avi codec part of it has been corrupted or damaged. So next step would be to delete Studio and download it again to get a fresh copy.
mikerb

Postby Uncoiler » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:41 am

Yes prior to my original post on this forum I had already uninstalled Studio, then re-installed it to be sure I had the newest version. Also I have tried making a few different videos so I'm pretty sure it was not one bad clip or conversion that caused the problem. The end result of all my trials was the same, it locked up.

I appreciate everyone's help on this but I'm done with Studio. I had a few short 1 -2 minute videos to complete that couldn't wait until I had "Studio" sorted out. As such, I tried two other editing software programs that both run great and I really like them so I moving on with them.

Thanks again.
Uncoiler

Return to GoPro Studio Software