Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

GoPro Studio won't start

Discussion of All GoPro Studio Software Versions and issues

Re: GoPro Studio won't start

Postby krnage » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:57 pm

just picked up my 4 Silver and had the same issue (Studio 2.5.3)
Updated to latest Intel Graphics Drivers from Intel and that seems to have fixed my issue

- tried compatibility mode, didnt work

Windows 8.1 64bit

thought id update this post as this was the first link in my search
krnage

Postby rootbeercouch » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:10 pm

I got mine to work! I don't know if it'll help anyone else, but...

To fix my problem I updated my graphics card's drivers. My computer had the basic windows drivers, but not the drivers proprietary to the graphics card. I went to the graphics card manufacturer's website, downloaded their specialized drivers for my card, and zig! GoPro Studio works flawlessly!

Good luck everyone!
rootbeercouch

Postby Rambo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:51 pm

rootbeercouch wrote:I got mine to work! I don't know if it'll help anyone else, but...

To fix my problem I updated my graphics card's drivers. My computer had the basic windows drivers, but not the drivers proprietary to the graphics card. I went to the graphics card manufacturer's website, downloaded their specialized drivers for my card, and zig! GoPro Studio works flawlessly!

Good luck everyone!

Yep, that's why the stickies exist that no one reads fixes-cineform-studio-mulfunctions-updated-regularly-t17982.html
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby HDFB » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:50 pm

I had the same problem...what I found was that it worked after reinstalling but only once. When I started my task manager, it showed Go Pro studio was still running so I ended both Go Pro tasks and clicked on the GoPro Studio icon and it worked. Definitely a bug that needs to be fixed.
HDFB

Postby Ngobreak » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:39 am

Hi guys i'm new in the forum.. i just bought the Gopro hero 4 silver i really like but the problem is the Gopro studio.... i install Gopro studio and it work fine then when i open my laptop again and i try to start it doesnt do nothing and eveytime i must reinstall to lauch the gopro studio

my driver is update i try anything but i dont know is there any solution please help

My Laptop
Asus Republic of Gamers
CORE i7 2.40 ghz
1Tb 5400R sata
DD3 8gb Ram 1600mhz
GTX Geforce 765M 4gb
Windows 8.1 64bit
Ngobreak

Postby underwater » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:52 am

Hey,
If it helps, I had the same problem using GoProStudio 2.54 it only started once after rebooting, then no chance. I just unmarked the Go Pro Importer
in the system start menue, so that it won`t start any more with the system and this solved the problem for me.
Sorry about the bad english
Greetings
underwater

Postby sneakysnailz » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:37 pm

i was having this problem i opened my task manager and killed gopro studio and opened the program just fine afterwards
sneakysnailz

Postby Maria234goode » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Hey I just found a way to fix this problem I had the exact same problem. My issue was that I didn't have Microsoft visual c++ 2008 and even if I re downloaded studio it didn't install it. So just go to Microsoft's website and search that and pick the 86 bit one witch should be the first one that pops up if you search the visual in the Microsoft website. Hope that works! Good luck!
Maria234goode

Postby FunN4Lo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:15 am

Win8.1
My GP Studio worked perfectly for quite a while. Then I had this issue of not opening. I deleted and re-downloaded. It worked, but the next time i tried it would not open again. I read through this thread. Killing the process in task manager as suggested here worked for me. Hopefully I don't have to do that every time I open it
FunN4Lo

Postby lakeman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:56 pm

This software isn't worth bothering with. I run the up to date version in Win 7, sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't, am looking else-where.
lakeman

PreviousNext

Return to GoPro Studio Software