Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

GoPro Studio won't start

Discussion of All GoPro Studio Software Versions and issues

GoPro Studio won't start

Postby eggertsae » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:24 am

Hi

Just got my first GoPro, and intalled GoPro Studio 2.0.1. First installed QT from homesite, and then GoPro studio frome homesite. No promblems during installation, but the program won't start. I see the process (GoPro Studio.exe 78.088 K) in task manager, but the the program won't run and is not visible, not even as an icon on the taskbar. Tried uninstall/install/restart couple of times. I see no indication that my virus protection is interfering, and I cecked event viewer and found noting of use. I see no errors in the install.txt file. I checked every driver I could think of, and they all seem to be up to date

I double checked that my computer meets the minimum req and it does.

I've sqrolled trough everery forum and FAQ I can find and find nothing on the issue.

Please advise...

GoPro Studio version 2.0.1.319
QT 7.7.4

Lenovo ThinkPad W520
Windows 7 SP1 32 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2720QM @ 2.20 GHz
8 Gb RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 1000M
eggertsae

Re: GoPro Studio won't start

Postby WIDEnet » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:16 am

Welcome to the forums Eggertsae. Sorry you are having such a frustrating problem, and thanks for doing the research and providing us with all the information we might need to diagnose the problem. Your computer seems well over provisioned for running GPS, so that's not the problem, and if you've updated QT, GPS, Windows, and all drivers, including all your graphics drivers, then that isn't it either. You are running the latest version of everything you provide information for.

However, I do have one thing for you to try. Force-kill the process and all dependencies in Task Manager or Process Explorer (whichever you use), and make sure you disable any security software you are running as much as possible, as well as UAC (under the Users control panel). Then navigate to "c:\Program Files\GoPro\Tools" right click GoPro Studio.exe and run the program as administrator. If that still doesn't work, try booting in safe mode and see if it will launch. If it does, another activily running program on your computer is interfering with it, likely some form of security or anitvirus, so you'll have to further narrow it down from there.

Does any of this help? Thanks, and good luck.

C. A. M. Gerlach
Director, WIDEnet Media Services
WIDEnet

Postby rootbeercouch » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello

I've got the same problem as eggertsae. I fallowed C. A. M. Gerlach advice, and was able to get program to boot , but only in safe mode. So how do I "narrow it down from there"?
rootbeercouch

Postby bzbuzzard » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Hey guys made an account because I saw this and was having teh same issue. I found out after my program was also refusing to open that it was one of my background programs. (it opened in safe mode). The program "Radeon Pro" which is a program i use to control my graphics card for gaming was the culprit. As soon as i closed the process it popped open. Hope this helps!
bzbuzzard

Postby rootbeercouch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:59 am

How did you figure that out? I know something is blocking Studio from opening but don't even know what the first step to isolating the problem is... I would just search google and find a how to, but I have no idea what to even call this problem.

any direction would be helpful, thanks.
rootbeercouch

Postby KellyRigg » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:56 am

I'm using version 2.5 and having the same trouble. If I uninstall it and reinstall it I can get it to work, but the next time I go to open it, it doesn't work again.
KellyRigg

Postby bazzdive » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:31 am

hi i am new here and i am having the same problems tried various things but to no avail any one got a solution ?
frustrated now :-(
bazzdive

Postby Nutty66 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:41 am

Hi I'm new just got gopro hero 4 silver same problem
can't get studio to work after first use it seems as
if the program works only if I'm importing file from
cam but soon as I touch desktop icon nothing ,stops
working altogether have to uninstall and start over
The laptop I have is higher than spec windows 8 any
ideas
Nutty66

Postby Marriene » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:01 am

Im having this same problem i've download it the gopro software and it wont even open ... any advise???
Marriene

Next

Return to GoPro Studio Software