Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Gopro to TV connection short lived...

This Old Forum unlocked but ARCHIVED.

Gopro to TV connection short lived...

Postby kawasicky » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi, I just got a gopro hd and it takes beautful videos. For some reason when I hook up all the cables to watch on my hdtv it will only play for 2 to 3 minutes before shutting off giving me a flashing black screen with a play icon and a battery meter, which is full. Ill recharge the battery and the same thing, Ill get 1 to 2 minutes of beautiful hd video but it is short lived. The videos play in their entirety on my laptop though they are choppy. Ive tried downloading all the codecs and players and the only way they play perfect is when I upload them to photobucket. So I guess I have 2 problems really. Wont play for more than a couple minutes on tv and cant find a good player that works and I have a new toshiba with vista. Thanks
kawasicky

Re: Gopro to TV connection short lived...

Postby kawasicky » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:47 am

All the plugs are in order, like I said it plays fine but only for a minute, its like the battery needs to stay at 100% charged to play videos and as soon as it drops slightly it quits, yet still says full battery. I tried VLC, mpc, wmp. None seem to play smoothly, though mpc plays the best it still skips frames every couple of seconds. When your go pro is hooked up to the tv fully charged how long can you watch videos for before it shuts off?
kawasicky

Postby kawasicky » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:52 am

cant find the task manager either, did I mention my computer skills are that of a caveman
kawasicky

Postby kawasicky » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:57 am

oh, found the task manager and yes it stays at constant 100%
kawasicky

Postby Rambo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:21 am

kawasicky wrote:oh, found the task manager and yes it stays at constant 100%

Then your laptop is too low spec to play the highly compressed files.
If you install Coreavc Pro decoder as posted in the link below, this should solve your problem, but it will cost you a $9 download and a little configuring in MPC to enable it.

Until you try your videos on a high spec computer (try a friends) and confirm that they play flawlessly, it's not possible to know whether corrupt files are causing your playback TV issues or not.

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/stickie-how-to-play-gopro-hd-videos-on-a-pc-t150.html
Cheers Rambo
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby kawasicky » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:28 am

Ok, thanks for your help Rambo, Ill try and upgrade my computer or buy that codec. I took a quick video with my other camera right after the gopro had fully charged and the light went out. I plugged it into my tv to watch the only couple of videos Ive shot and look how long it played for before dying. Whats the flashing screen mean at the 2:25? It still says full battery too. Regardless of codecs, mp4, sd compatability and such, shouldnt you be able to just plug it into your tv and watch what you've filmed for more than a minute. http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll75 ... v&newest=1
kawasicky

Postby Rambo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:51 am

kawasicky wrote:Regardless of codecs, mp4, sd compatability and such, shouldnt you be able to just plug it into your tv and watch what you've filmed for more than a minute. http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll75 ... v&newest=1

Possibly not if you have a corrupt file shutting the camera down or at least locking it up, but if they play fine when uploaded to
photopbucket then i maybe you have another problem.

I've nothing more i can suggest to you other than to contact GoPro or your retailer.

R
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby kawasicky » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:02 am

So after messing with the camera forever with no success I brought it back and they verified that it had TV playback issues and got a brand new one. Plugged it into TV and it plays back all the videos perfectly. I must of got a lemonPro instead of a GoPro but atleast I got a new one.
kawasicky

Next

Return to Old Forum Topics - HD1, HD2 & HD3