Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Gopro wifi not connecting to Iphone

This Old Forum is now locked but ARCHIVED, if anyone wants a thread resurrected, let us know and it will be transferred to the Updated Forums.

Gopro wifi not connecting to Iphone

Postby Hero4Hire » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:24 am

I have everything updated. my problem is that the Iphone doesn't pick up on the gopro's wifi signal in the settings -> wifi menu. I turn on the wifi on the gopro and switch it to the "gopro app" and then go into my Iphone's wifi menu and nothing pops up. the weird thing is the remote's wifi picks up right away when I try to connect the remote to the gopro. the gopro wifi pops up maybe 10% of the time when I try to connect my Iphone to the gopro.

any suggestions? I would like to set up my gopro with the shot I want, but the Iphone is not picking up the Gopro's wifi signal at all.
Hero4Hire

Re: Gopro wifi not connecting to Iphone

Postby Splashy » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:49 am

Try moving away from any source of 2.4Ghz, wireless routers or access points
Splashy

Postby jperez » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:46 am

There's supposedly a bug that affects certain iPhones from seeing the camera in wifi settings. Some claim that setting the phone into airplane mode fixes the problem

As of yet I haven't encountered any connectivity issues between my HD black and my iPhone 4s/LG Revolution.
jperez

Postby Hero4Hire » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:08 pm

airplane mode doesn't work.

moving away from routers or access points doesn't work either. I think it has something to do with the software updates. I believe with time, gopro will solve this matter. I hope.
Hero4Hire

Postby kingali » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:37 pm

They better fix this issue or will have to refund lots of people. I use this camera as my main video camera, up to yesterday connection was fine, but no more. I bet they will blame it on Apple as there was an update on the phone few days ago.
kingali

Postby Mercbg2k » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:44 pm

I didnt think about the iOS update. Im having problems too. Mine all worked great before the update, now I lost my camera name and cant connect anymore. Hmmmm....
Mercbg2k

Return to Old Forum Topics - Questions, Problems and Observations - HD1, HD2 & HD3