Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

GoPro with Polarizer

Anti-fog, Anti-Spot Caps, Filters, Polarizers, Macros, Lenses etc. NO Camera issues Please.

Re: Stickie - GoPro with Polarizer

Postby martcerv » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Dashinuke wrote:Does anyone have any experience with using the Gopro3 Black with a polarizing filter in combination with Protune ?

I'm afraid you're gonna lose allot of detail in the shadow area's

I have used it quite a bit since testing the H3b with protune and cam raw wb, these 2 videos were both 2.7k with CP and pt on cam raw. Both have been graded so some shadow detail is lost by raised contrast and other settings compared to raw file but I haven't noticed it effecting the image too much.

Forum Moderator

Support our Sponsors - Click the Links
Surya Prihadi - Advanced GoPro Tester
Snake River Prototyping - BlurFix - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Nov 2013
Sports Camera Hire & Sales Australia
HydroRemote Cable Systems
Hobby Mounts UK
Outdoor Equipment Rentals
Hardened Power Systems
Cam-Do
Fotodiox Pro - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Feb 2014
martcerv
Forum Mod

Re: Stickie - GoPro with Polarizer

Postby yaro137 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:31 am

It's pretty od for me to see people using CP on such a wide angle lens. They're not made for that purpose. First of you would need to do your recording in Narrow to get any sort of consistency of the darkening effect and then you would need to keep recording aiming in one direction as if you go round with the camera it will produce very inconsistent colours especially in the sky. CP works best at 90 degrees to the sun so mind that when recording. If you don't contain sky in your footage and just want to eliminate some reflections then go for it but in my opinion ND or grad ND would be a much better choice here.
yaro137

GoPro CPL filter

Postby AUsome » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 am

Don't have time to go through all the posts, but after reading the first couple of pages, thought I'd post where I found my cpl lens filter/cover. Got it off ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380856225308?ss ... 1439.l2649

Hopefully, this will help someone...or that it hasn't already been found by others and posted already..if so, sorry for the duplication. If not, then for under $10, it is a great filter and provides good protection when not being used...and will accept other 37 mm filters as the ring IS machined for screw-in 37 mm filters.
AUsome

Previous

Return to GoPro Clear Vision