Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Has anyone used car wax on the outer housing/lens? Hero3

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

Has anyone used car wax on the outer housing/lens? Hero3

Postby GTDan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:13 am

Use my Hero3 for Mountain biking and would like the water/muddy splashes to bead off the outer lens quickly. I've heard about rainx but I have a few Carnauba waxes in my shed has anyone tried this with good results and most importantly not affected video quality?

Thanks
GTDan

Re: Has anyone used car wax on the outer housing/lens? Hero3

Postby equinox » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 am

look on the forum some posts talk about this :)

there was a fixie for that last time i watch ;)
equinox

Postby WD Pro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:55 am

My thoughts and tips on rain x are in here wd-pro-s-gopro-tips-t9787.html and it has a thread of its own in this forum :D

I have a fridge full of wax and would still go for rain x - it beads tighter, it's a bit slicker and lasts longer than any of my wax's plus it's specifically designed for glass without altering the visual properties. I should try some purple haze on the lens and see what that does :lol:

WD :D
WD Pro

Postby GTDan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 pm

WD Pro wrote:My thoughts and tips on rain x are in here wd-pro-s-gopro-tips-t9787.html and it has a thread of its own in this forum :D

I have a fridge full of wax and would still go for rain x - it beads tighter, it's a bit slicker and lasts longer than any of my wax's plus it's specifically designed for glass without altering the visual properties. I should try some purple haze on the lens and see what that does :lol:

WD :D

Looks like I'll be popping out to get some rainx then!

Dodo Juice purple haze? I have about 4 waxes that are high quality but I will get rainx!

Cheers
GTDan

Postby PandaGFX » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 pm

is there any consensus what waterdrop behavior you prefer?

methink 1/2 likes the water to bead off - so RainX etc would be used

other 1/2 likes a uniform water sheet to remain instead of water beads in frame... = soap/saliva? :)
PandaGFX

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models