Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

HD Hero Original Mode Button Not Working

Discuss the GoPro Hero 5Mp & HD 960 in General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

HD Hero Original Mode Button Not Working

Postby acdrey » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:14 am

Hey, I'm new here, and I'm hoping to get some help with my original HD Hero. I tried contacting GoPro directly, but no response.

I tried hooking up the GoPro to a remote last weekend, and for some reason, when I plugged the remote in, the camera would cycle on and off two or three times, stay on, then wouldn't want to turn off until the battery died. The camera would still record video, I just couldn't get it to turn off.

Now, when I try to use the camera, it will turn on (using the power/mode button) and record, but once powered up, the mode button doesn't work. The camera isn't in one button mode, so it'll turn on, then record/stop recording with the shutter button as it should, but I can't cycle through different modes, and I can't turn it off.

Any ideas how to fix this issue? I can't update the firmware because the mode button isn't functional once the camera turns on.

If anyone has a fix, let me know. I've tried searching quite a bit, but google hasn't been helpful.
acdrey

Re: HD Hero Original Mode Button Not Working

Postby acdrey » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:34 am

Sorry, I was probably unclear in my description - it'll turn on without recording, then it will start and stop recording as usual when I hit the shutter button. I tried holding down the shutter button for over 5 seconds, but I wasn't able to access the menu by doing so.
acdrey

Postby silverghost » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:21 am

I have exactly the same problem and it started after loading the latest firmware, did you manage to get yours fixed.

The problem I have at the moment is that the mode button turns the camera on, but does nothing after that, the video recording button still works and stops/ starts recording as expected, but there is no response whatsoever from the mode button.

Thanks
silverghost

Postby acdrey » Sat May 03, 2014 9:23 am

@silverghost: sorry, still haven't been able to find a fix for this.
acdrey

Return to GoPro Hero 5MP & HD Hero 960