Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

HD2 to ipad Mini lightning to USB adapter issue

This Old Forum unlocked but ARCHIVED.

HD2 to ipad Mini lightning to USB adapter issue

Postby danpass » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Specifically for the GoPro Hero 2 onto a Mini.

GoPro ON, connect to ipad ........ BOOM ..... "The attached accessory uses too much power"

Same bitching when it comes to the two USB readers I have.

GoPro OFF, connect, THEN turn on ...... BOOM, same nonsense.

This was using two different USB cables. I believe they are both data/power types (vs just power).

Thoughts?

(I can confirm that it will easily download both RAWs and video from a Canon 7D and JPEGs/video from a Canon SD1400. The 1400 is a work camera that I won't have with me so its not like I can just put the gp sd card into that lol though I can confirm also that HD2 videos will port over and do show up in imovie for editing)
danpass

Re: HD2 to ipad Mini lightning to USB adapter issue

Postby stevepud » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:28 pm

then your best option is to buy the genuine Apple card reader and dont plug the actual GoPro in, just the memory card.
stevepud

Postby danpass » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Well the point was to avoid effectively paying twice lol
danpass

Postby stevepud » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:28 pm

danpass wrote:Well the point was to avoid effectively paying twice lol

Yeah thats a nuisance. :(

I bought a cheap iPad camera kit, and it's rubbish - wont read files off either my normal camera or gopro - I cant remember which. Cos it says the photos/vids must be in the root, and not a subfolder. yet it'll read from a subfolder from one of my camreas...

buy cheap - buy twice, I shuld have learnt by now!
stevepud

Return to Old Forum Topics - HD1, HD2 & HD3