Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Help!!! My computer doesn't recognize my GoPro!

This Old Forum unlocked but ARCHIVED.

Help!!! My computer doesn't recognize my GoPro!

Postby madmanyo » Sun May 16, 2010 1:17 am

Simply, I did turn the camera off, plugin the USB cable supplied with the camera, turn on the GoPro by pressing the power on button, the LCD show USB on the GoPro screen, and computer recognize the USB drive.

However, when I click on the drive and try to open it, my computer doesn't let me in. And it says, "I have to plugin and re-try."

So as GoPro website suggested, I restarted my computer and followed what they said, but it is not working.

FYI, I have Windows Vista and GoPro HD camera.

Any ideas? :(
madmanyo

Re: Help!!! My computer doesn't recognize my GoPro!

Postby Jono » Sun May 16, 2010 3:56 am

Simply solutions would be to get a card reader.

Or try it on another usb port & see if you get the same problem.
Jono

Postby garth285 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:25 am

I had a problem once before with one of my USB ports and another time it was the USB cable. Maybe try different ports and plug's?

I recently got a card reader for my PC and it does transfer a lot faster as well.
2 GoPro HD's http://www.youtube.com/garth285 http://www.vimeo.com/garth285
My Video Rig - Asus MB, i7-930 @ 3.5Ghz, 12GB Ram, Asus Eyefinity 6, WD 128GB SSD, 2 WD 6.0 1TB's 1Ext. 1TB, 1000watt PS, Spin Q heatsink.
garth285

Postby CaseyHenn » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 am

I'm actually having the same issue...along with the gopro not actually being able to record a video without freezing...it would be great if someone chimed in that knew what to do. I've tried contacting gopro support but it's been 3 days now and nothing from them.
CaseyHenn

Postby Birder » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:32 am

Use a card reader. Connecting your HD2 to a PC by USB can cause all sorts of problems

The Camera is USB 1 and a card reader is USB 2 so much faster, some PC's dont like USB 1.
Birder

Return to Old Forum Topics - HD1, HD2 & HD3