Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Hero 3 White - Wifi wont turn off.

This Old Forum unlocked but ARCHIVED.

Hero 3 White - Wifi wont turn off.

Postby heavychevy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:48 am

I've had my Hero 3's (2) since the day before Christmas and this seems to be a recurring issue with both of them. I've tried using the android app and now have a wifi remote. The problem is that you link them via wifi and use a couple of features, and then turn them off using wifi, but when you hold the camera wifi button down (with camera off) it blinks 7 times but then never goes off. It stops blinking momentarily and then starts blinking again, and the wifi is still on because I can still turn the units off/on with the app or remote.

Am I missing something here? I thought once it blinked 7 times the wifi would be off.
heavychevy

Re: Hero 3 White - Wifi wont turn off.

Postby suryaprihadi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 am

Go to the menu and try from there.
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby heavychevy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 am

i guess I should have explained better, I can get to the menu and turn it off, but that means something on my cameras is not working properly if it won't turn off via the button like it's supposed to. I will have my camera's mounted in places I would rather not have to be able to see the LCD while turning the wifi on/off. Then I have to leave the wifi on all day rather than turn it on and off easily with the button.
heavychevy

Postby suryaprihadi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:52 am

The idea to test switching OFF is thru menu is to make sure it is not hardware problem.
All buttons on a GoPro is not mechanical button like a simple light switch, those are software controlled buttons.

You did not mention you can turn off from main MENU in 1st post correct ?
When u ask a question, do provide the most complete conditions.

Now at least you know electronically your HD3 is alright, but firmware need to be updated by GoPro so that the current direct WIFI button can work.
Also if you notice 1080p resolution, the display on your small LCD screen will put W ( Wide ). There is no such thing as WIDE 1080p on a HD1 platform ( HD3 White ) and it is not wide but just basic 1080p which in HD2 or HD3 Silver will be called medium.

Yes I agree the direct WiFi button MUST work, but looking at HD3 bugs and so on, it is only common sense that GoPro will put priority for Black model R & D first.
So go and write to GoPro about this issue :mrgreen:
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Return to Old Forum Topics - HD1, HD2 & HD3