Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

hero 4 silver random sd err message

Discuss the GoPro Hero4 Silver Here

Re: hero 4 silver random sd err message

Postby N8tiveGrl » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:25 am

bgbazz wrote:That is some very good advice from PTCX.....I've been using the Lexar 633x 32GB cards for a long time now and have never had a problem regardless of what settings I use. I also never, EVER, format the cards in the computer...only ever the camera.

Hope a solution is just around the corner for you.

I am curious if this would be the same problem for "action" shots? I never had an SD err until after an action shot. For instance, my son would just jump on trampoline with a head mount and shortly after camera would say, "SD ERR" and the file would become corrupt. He also jumped off a bluff into water and it did the same thing. I hope it's just the card. The card didn't appear to be ejected from the slot. I could pop out and put back in and the err would disappear, but the file would be corrupted after error. The card never does any error for anything else, underwater, time lapse, still shots, just action.
N8tiveGrl

Re: hero 4 silver random sd err message

Postby zoarquenix » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:22 pm

One more tip i found about memory card on this great forum is:
- Never delete any file from the SD card INDIVIDUALLY, either with App, or from computer.
- If you wanna delete, Use FORMAT instead.

I use a 64GB Sandisk Extreme 45mb/s on my 3+, and 90mb/s on my Session with no problem at all.
Friends who follow this tip also encounter no problem whatsoever, either on 3+ black, 4 silver, or 4 black. Idk about session, i've never seen anyone in my local place use session beside me xD
zoarquenix

Previous

Return to GoPro Hero4 Silver