Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

hero 4 silver random sd err message

Discuss the GoPro Hero4 Silver Here

hero 4 silver random sd err message

Postby bbevil09 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:44 am

my hero 4 silver is randomly giving me an sd err message, it does it mostly after sitting over night or after charging, but I recently noticed that if the card is empty it will record with no problem until I pause recording, when I start recording again it will record for a few minutes then stop and the sd err message will come on, have to delete and reformat the card with the gopro then it will work fine again until I start and stop recording like I said, the sd card is a sandisk extreme 64g that is recommended by gopro. could it be a bad memory card or a problem with my gopro? any help would be appreciated, feel free to ask any questions that might help figure it out
bbevil09

Re: hero 4 silver random sd err message

Postby PTCX » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:58 am

Try another sd card first,that way you can determin wether it is the card or the camera.
PTCX

Postby bbevil09 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:05 am

I am going to go buy a new sd card today, so when i get the new card should i just format it in the gopro or a pc first? Also what would be the best card to get, i mostly use 1080 superview at 48fps, i rarely take pictures or change any settings, i have a sandisk extreme 64g class10 u3 right that i think is giving me problems, i was just going to get another one of those since it looks like thats what a lot of people use, im hoping its just a crap card i got off amazon
bbevil09

Postby PTCX » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:33 am

As long a you buy a card that is on the list of compatible cards you should be OK.
Compatible card list - http://gopro.com/support/articles/softw ... te-release
Buy sd cards from a shop you walk into so if you do have a problem it is much easier to remedy.
Buying sd cards from the internet,anywhere on the internet,is more often than not a bad idea.There are too many counterfeit cards out there.

I've been buying Lexar 633x 32GB cards and they have been problem free whatever settings I use.I also have a sandisc Extreme Plus which has been working well.If you go for the sandisc get Extreme Plus.

Format the new card in the camera,especially if you get a 64GB.Because the 64GB cards are formatted in EXFAT they can be a problem in some computers.
PTCX

Postby bgbazz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:23 am

That is some very good advice from PTCX.....I've been using the Lexar 633x 32GB cards for a long time now and have never had a problem regardless of what settings I use. I also never, EVER, format the cards in the computer...only ever the camera.

Hope a solution is just around the corner for you.
bgbazz

Postby bbevil09 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:47 am

Thanks for the help, i will update on sunday if a new card worked, will be out on the dirtbike all day tomorrow so hopefully it works
bbevil09

Postby bgbazz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am

Best of luck!
bgbazz

Postby bbevil09 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:03 am

One more quick question, does it matter if its a uhs-1 or uhs-3? I notice all the ones gopro recommends are uhs-1
bbevil09

Postby PTCX » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:04 am

Try to get UHS 3 if you can.The UHS 3 has double the write seed of a UHS 1.
Here's a video that is a good demonstration of the speed difference between the two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_je1tu0tVw
PTCX

Postby bbevil09 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:10 am

ok thanks
bbevil09

Next

Return to GoPro Hero4 Silver