Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Hero3 Black getting hot

Discuss the HD3 Black & BacPacs, General, Issues and Trouble Shooting. Please read the Stickies inside before posting

Hero3 Black getting hot

Postby LeadFarmer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 pm

Just received my Hero3 Black today, and when connected via USB to my laptop it is getting very warm. Is this normal?

I dont yet have any other means of charging the battery other than USB.
LeadFarmer

Re: Hero3 Black getting hot

Postby PandaGFX » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:08 am

gets warm when its on, gets hot with wifi on... probably gets really cooking if you run wifi & 4K :)

mine stays near room temp when charging with a USB wallwart, camera is 'off' only red light on
LiPO batteries do not get hot when charging, shouldn't be charged when not cooled down.
PandaGFX

Postby LeadFarmer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:22 am

Thanks for the reply :D
LeadFarmer

Postby PandaGFX » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:12 pm

your household doesn't have any latemodel phones/tablets/gizmos that use a USB wallwart?

USB 5V 1A is all you need, some might not be up to 1A though.

i use an iPad rated wallwart of 2.1A=10W, all good
PandaGFX

Return to HD3 Hero Black Edition