Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Hero3 Black only recording for a few minutes, then stopping

Discuss the HD3 Black & BacPacs, General, Issues and Trouble Shooting. Please read the Stickies inside before posting

Re: Hero3 Black only recording for a few minutes, then stopp

Postby Martygene » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:06 am

So what do you do when you are out shooting video and you get a half an hour of video, for example, and you want to shoot more video later and you are in a remote location and you can't dump the files on to a computer, than what do you do?
Martygene

Postby flareside » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:21 am

Unless there is something wrong with your card (or potentially even your camera) you should be able to continue adding videos until the card is full. If you can't already do this, try a different card from another manufacturer. As far as what to do when you are out on a shoot, just as common sense says to carry spare batteries the same applies to spare cards.
flareside

Postby mikerb » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 am

I agree with flareside ....no problem at all continuing to use a card...it is in effect the same session, just another clip. What I meant by "session" was the camera set up with charged battery and reformatted card having used a card reader to copy all the files of your last session over. In other words as long as the card stays in the cam and no files removed from it etc , it is the same session. The issue is about how Gopro uses that card and the way it numbers its files...you should not break the sequence or you will have problems.
mikerb

Postby Martygene » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 am

Ok. Very cool... Gotcha...thanks
Martygene

Postby Martygene » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:06 am

REALLY tired of this camera... thinking i will just have to send it back for mony back.
I have three SD Cards: two sandisk Ultra 64gb class 10 and one 32gb ultra class 10 cards.i cannot get the black to run for more than an hour ( if that) before it decides to shut off.. trying to record video @ 1080-60. Fire the camera up and it starts recording and then shuts down whenever it feels like it. Using battery backpack and when i turn camera back on it has plenty of battery left and plenty of time on the card but it just shuts down. VERY UNRELIABLE !!! I do format the cards before trying to do the records too...
There are lots of posts of folks having trouble with the SD Cards but I think it's the camera rather than the cards...
Not a happy Hero3 owner..Martygene

Private message
Martygene

Postby OzzieBloke » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:53 am

Either RMA for a more recent batch replacement (and cross your fingers) OR ask for a refund, wait 6 months, and then try again. GoPro got the Hero 2 right after 14 revisions; they *should* get there with the Hero3 as well.
OzzieBloke

Postby suryaprihadi » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:54 am

Marty, just one question. Do u still keep your dowloaded firmware in the card ...now ?
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Martygene » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:37 am

no firmware on the card...
Martygene

Postby suryaprihadi » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm

.Usually a defective camera will record in very short duration and then stop ( stand by ). Under 2 minutes and not all the way to beyond 10-20 minutes.
What may happen is, ur camera is overheating but you did not see the THERMOMETER ICON showing because you do not use LCD BP or did not pay attention when the actual shut down occured.

See my post here :
hero3black-w-bacpac-freeze-heat-battery-whats-the-deal-here-t11678.html#p65886
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby flareside » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 am

Martygene wrote:REALLY tired of this camera... thinking i will just have to send it back for mony back.
I have three SD Cards: two sandisk Ultra 64gb class 10 and one 32gb ultra class 10 cards.i cannot get the black to run for more than an hour ( if that) before it decides to shut off.. trying to record video @ 1080-60. Fire the camera up and it starts recording and then shuts down whenever it feels like it. Using battery backpack and when i turn camera back on it has plenty of battery left and plenty of time on the card but it just shuts down. VERY UNRELIABLE !!! I do format the cards before trying to do the records too...
There are lots of posts of folks having trouble with the SD Cards but I think it's the camera rather than the cards...
Not a happy Hero3 owner..Martygene

Private message

I'm getting the same problem in 1080p/60 with the V1 battery bacpac. It may be due to overheating the batteries. Both started as full but when it shutdown at just short of an hour, upper row was down 2 notches and lower row was down 1. Lower row shouldn't have been using battery until the top was depleted. 1080p/60 is the most battery intensive of all modes and it may be pulling too much power. I also noticed that the crash reset my settings.
flareside

PreviousNext

Return to HD3 Hero Black Edition