Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Hero3 Silver intermittently turning on

Discuss the GoPro Hero3 White & Silver + BacPacs, General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

Hero3 Silver intermittently turning on

Postby Kwartas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:06 pm

My Hero3 Silver all of a sudden started to act up, JUST as I was on vacation in New Zealand!

It decided to go on every now and then - on average, I guess, every 5th time after pressing the power button (and yes, the batteries were fully charged).

And then also, when inserting the cable to directly charge the GoPro, the WiFi light goes on on its own! How the heck does that happen? Is it an indication of a problem or what could it be?

Sometimes, when pressing the power button, only the blue wi-fi lights goes on... The final weird thing is, that when eventually powered on, the bars indicating a charging battery runs, although it's NOT plugged in for a charge!

Anyone had this happening to them?
Would appreciate any advice or the like.
I've even bought new batteries, to see if that was the problem - which it seems isn't.

TIA
Kwartas

Re: Hero3 Silver intermittently turning on

Postby hetztronics » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 am

hardware issue please follow the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7g6Mgf7kVA
Attachments
IMG_0195.JPG
hetztronics GO pro Hero 3
hetztronics

Return to GoPro Hero3 White & Silver Editions