Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Hero3 White: How do I set WiFi password?

The Interface BUS or Rear Port. Discuss projects, camera Hacking etc.

Hero3 White: How do I set WiFi password?

Postby ptaug » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Aloha,
I loaded the GoPro phone app onto my Samsung Galaxy S 4g. When i go to pick the GoPro wifi connection it prompts for a password to connect. But I never did set up a wifi password on the GoPro. I've tried both the WIFI RC setting and the GOPRO APP setting. I must be missing a step somewhere...any advice?
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Maybe a mod could move it if it needs . Thanks.
ptaug

Re: Hero3 White: How do I set WiFi password?

Postby PTCX » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Have you updated the firmware on the camera?
There is a point in the online update process where you change your camera name and password.You could go through the update process and add your password then or if you saved the firmware files onto your computer you could change the name and password in the "settings IN".file,one of four items in the update zip folder.
PTCX

Postby ptaug » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Thank you PTCX. I have updated it. But I didn't save anything on my computer. And I don't remember it prompting me for a password during the update. I will try your suggestion ASAP. Thanks again.
ptaug

Postby PTCX » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Read this thread,it has some good info on how to manually download the firmware so you can save it to your computer and edit the settings file.
hero-3-black-won-t-turn-on-after-firmware-update-t10185.html
PTCX

Postby scbates » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:38 am

Thanks PTCX for the info - I just checked the settings.in file and retrieved the password that I had forgotten and used it to connect from my Gal S2
scbates

Postby DORADOBIKES » Sat May 11, 2013 2:47 am

the info was useful I updated... is it normal if it doesn't turn off, should I unplug if still says the screen ''updating''
DORADOBIKES

Return to GoPro Interface BUS and Camera Hacking