Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Hero5Blk First use - Biking and Surf - EIS and LIN on

General Outdoors, Cycling, Kites, Skateboards, Hunting etc. No camera issues please.

Hero5Blk First use - Biking and Surf - EIS and LIN on

Postby Rambo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:57 am

Simple use, simple edit, nothing fancy. Shot in 1080 60 with EIS and Linear mode, rendered out to 720p 30.
Some motion artifacts attributed to EIS i think when panning too fast but could be just simply panning too fast and 60p to 30p frame rate render.
Hand held camera, screen was very bright and easy to use even in bright conditions. EIS certainly knocks off the micro shakes, vision is more like a regular camcorder. all other settings default, no post processing/correction. Just chuck camera in pocket, no 3axis gymbal needed for simple stuff like this.

Rambo
Site Admin

Re: Hero5Blk First use - Biking and Surf - EIS and LIN on

Postby Jatekman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Yeah looks nice for just simple shoots without gimbal, the cam seems to make a good job and cam man also.
Nice for me is the linear mode- after shooting for a longer time I don't like the fisheye look specially when persons are filmed.

Ciao Rob
Jatekman

Return to GoPro Outdoors