Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

I really think Cineform sucks

This Old Forum unlocked but ARCHIVED.

I really think Cineform sucks

Postby Royal » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:02 am

I have posted about it before and it sorta irritates me so I will post an update.

I can download my video files off the camera. I can open them in CIneform. I can shorten them and change the name. I can convert them. When I try to edit them the center screen is blank.

Now I contacted Tech Support and they said that it must be my video card. Not I can edit the same files in other video editing programs I own just fine. Why is my video card fine with them? I just updated Cineform and tried it again, thinking they might have made some improvements in the program so it works as well as other video editing programs I have used. It is not like I want to do any fancy editing with the program, I just would like to touch them up and do some slow motion and such.

I sure the heck am not going to purchase an upgrade version when the dnag free one will not work! They told me I am not the only one that has this problem but they can not get it to happen on their machines.

Seems like they would offer a program that works with the users machine, not expect us to buy a new video card to match their machines. Some of us are not wealthy.

My biggest gripe is that these same videos open fine with the other programs, I can edit them but with Cineform I can not even view the converted videos. ALL with the same video card.

Now I feel better :D Cineform sucks in my view
Royal

Re: I really think Cineform sucks

Postby peter nap » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:11 am

I wouldn't say it sucks. Actually, it's a neat little tool for a lot of applications. It just doesn't work for everything.

I think some of the problems may be unintended consequences from crippled functions they put in to prevent people from using it, rather than buying more expensive versions. Just a guess.
peter nap

Postby Royal » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:23 am

I understand and would not say it sucked if it worked. How can you edit a video you can not see after you convert it? I asked them for help and they said it was the video card- they guessed. My confusion is, why does the same video card work with my other video editing programs? I never had this problem with ANY other program on my computer. I feel they are just guessing. A few of us having problems are not worth their time to help I guess. Video cards are not cheap and to go buy one on a guess sucks..

peter nap wrote:I wouldn't say it sucks. Actually, it's a neat little tool for a lot of applications. It just doesn't work for everything.

I think some of the problems may be unintended consequences from crippled functions they put in to prevent people from using it, rather than buying more expensive versions. Just a guess.
Royal

Postby suryaprihadi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:58 am

Royal,

I had something like your problem on i7 860 8 MB memory but more of the windows being shifted, something like that. I cant use FULL SCREEN mode.
That was an older cineform. Others dont have this problem on i7 920 CPUs.

Anyhow Cineform is not for the "weak/slow" computer.
If so happened your computer is under-spec, welcome to NLE.

Computers and program nowadays are so plenty and advance, even a minor difference among computers will yield different result.
I have spent 13 times the cost of my GP camera since 2010 early to today. 1st was to do decent NLE later just to be able to speed things up while rendering and be fast and well above Cineform requirement. Hardware cost only.

Be patient.

SP
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby mikerb » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 am

This has got be something to do with your PC .....the programme works perfectly for me ( Vista/ intel Core 2 Quad/4gb/ Intel GMA graphics).......maybe thie programme reacts differently with different operating systems?

ps when you have completed your conversions are you using the "Step 2" button or re- importing the converted files?
mikerb

Postby Royal » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:25 am

Yes, that is when it goes blank. Just the screen in the middle where the video plays.

Here is the before http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/R ... before.jpg

Here is the after http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/R ... =after.jpg

I would love to find out I was doing something wrong. :D

mikerb wrote:This has got be something to do with your PC .....the programme works perfectly for me ( Vista/ intel Core 2 Quad/4gb/ Intel GMA graphics).......maybe thie programme reacts differently with different operating systems?

ps when you have completed your conversions are you using the "Step 2" button or re- importing the converted files?
Royal

Postby scuba boy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:42 am

i thought it was so the Gopro videos could be converted or edited for to web and personal use, but i cant work out how convert/edit to put anything on the web ie youtube or viemo. and the videos ive looked at on how to do this are all for MAC great if uve got a MAC
scuba boy

Postby peter nap » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:48 am

scuba boy wrote:i thought it was so the Gopro videos could be converted or edited for to web and personal use, but i cant work out how convert/edit to put anything on the web ie youtube or viemo. and the videos ive looked at on how to do this are all for MAC great if uve got a MAC

Vimeo accepts the Gopro codec so you can upload an unedited video straight up.
peter nap

Postby scuba boy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:18 am

Vimeo accepts the Gopro codec so you can upload an unedited video straight up.[/quote]

Ill give that ago cheers
scuba boy

Return to Old Forum Topics - HD1, HD2 & HD3