Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Introducing the BlurFix3+ and BlurFix3/3+ holder by SRP

Anti-fog, Anti-Spot Caps, Filters, Polarizers, Macros, Lenses etc. NO Camera issues Please.

Introducing the BlurFix3+ and BlurFix3/3+ holder by SRP

Postby BlurFix » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Snake River Prototyping is proud to announce the most versatile BlurFix adapter for the GoPro to date! The new BlurFix3+ 55 is compatible with the GoPro Hero3+ standard housing and accepts 55 mm filters. We are happy to say that the BlurFix3+ is backwards compatible, so our customers can continue using their favorite filters from the Original BlurFix (Hero and Hero2) and the BlurFix3 SO (Hero3 slip over for the Hero3 Backpack Compatible Housing). This newest adapter will ship in two configurations:

• BlurFix3+ 55
• BlurFix3+ 55 with URPro CYD

The BlurFix3+ 55 integrates the best features of the original BlurFix (Hero and Hero2) and the BlurFix3 SO (Hero3 slip over). These features include the convenience of a slip-over adapter and the option to create a sealed space between the filter and housing lens. The BlurFix3+ 55 allows for wet filter operation just like the BlurFix3 SO, however, now you have the option of using one of the supplied o-rings to create a sealed space between the housing lens and the filter when used with standard 55 mm camera filters. The benefit of having the option of a sealed unit is that the user does not have to worry about water, snow, dust, or debris getting trapped between the housing and the filter! In addition to air, this design allows liquids to be sealed internally. Use of liquids such as alcohol sealed internally will ensure it doesn't freeze, and will eliminate any chance of condensation or fogging between lenses. This patent pending sealing mechanism creates a vacuum with air, or hydraulics with liquids, making a very secure hold on the adapter reducing the risk of accidental loss. A lanyard is included and an attachment point is located on the side of the adapter giving reassurance and convenience during use. When sealing the unit with air, one needs to be aware that it must be sealed in a dry, non-humid place or fogging may occur. We provide 3 different size o-rings for your convenience to seal with many filter manufacturers products. Not all filter manufacturers maintain the same spacing and dimensions. We hope to build a list of compatible filter types as we progress.

We designed this unit with divers in mind. Use without the front o-ring will expose two vent ports top and bottom allowing the cavity to purge creating a wet filter. These vents allow easy installation and removal both on land and underwater. The sealed method with air is not for use while diving, however the seal with liquid method may be used while diving. The sealed option of the BlurFix3+ 55 is perfect for snowboarding, skiing, wake boarding, surfing, humid environments, adverse weather conditions and so much more. We are proud to release this new BlurFix adapter as another first, further expanding the use of filters on your GoPro. We are excited to see what creative liquids our customers use for developing new effects.

In addition to the new BlurFix3+ 55mm adapter, we have a new accessory. The BlurFix3/3+ holder allows you to store the filter on a Tray or anything you can bolt a 1/4" bolt through with the provided thumb screws or 1/4-20 fasteners. The beauty behind this design is one side holds the BlurFix3 SO (compatible with the Hero3 standard housing) and the other side holds the BlurFix3+ (compatible with the new Hero3+ standard housing).

Introducing the Snake River Prototyping BlurFix3+ 55mm with URPro CYD (includes BlurFix3+ 55, URPro CYD, lanyard, rear o-ring, and 3 sizes of o-rings for the option of completely sealing the unit). The URPro CYD is not to be sealed, it is designed to be a "wet filter" having water on both sides.

Introducing the Snake River Prototyping BlurFix3+ 55mm (includes BlurFix3+ 55mm, lanyard, rear o-ring, and 3 sizes of o-rings for the option of completely sealing the unit)

Introducing the Snake River Prototyping BlurFix Holder. (includes BlurFix holder, two 1/4-20 thumb screws for mounting.) Compatible with the Hero3 and the new Hero3+. Shown on The Tray by SRP.

Now surfers and skiers can use circular polarizers without water or snow intrusion!

BlurFix
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: Introducing the BlurFix3+ and BlurFix3/3+ holder by SRP

Postby BlurFix » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi Rambo! Well, the first thing we tried was good old water. Using water is by far the easiest to use, and doesn't effect the image as far as we could see in our testing. The major benefit of filling the BlurFix cavity with water is eliminating the possibility of fogging between the filter and the GoPro's housings lens. Another benefit is the hydraulics it creates, making it almost impossible to come off accidentally, in fact we were unable to pull it off by hand. We had to test using the "seal with water" method thoroughly, so we froze it overnight. Obviously it froze, and would not recommend intentional freezing for use, as it may appear just as it is...looking through an ice cube;) Freezing water in the cavity did not cause any damage to the equipment. Knowing the GoPro's are used in cold weather (all climates for that matter), we decided to test something that would not freeze, Isopropyl alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol did not freeze, and did not have any adverse effects on the image quality. After freezing overnight with Isopropyl, we removed the housing from the freezer into a warm room and it started to frost up on the filter due to the humidity and temperature change, I held my hand over the lens for a few seconds to warm it slightly, and wiped with a lens cloth, it was good to go shoot in very little time.....One late and productive night, we decided to create GoPro beer goggles with a nice Pail Ale...as you can imagine, everything about this is fun. Sadly after reviewing the footage, the GoPro beer goggles didn't make us better looking;) We will continue testing other liquids as we progress, we highly recommend checking compatibility to Nitrile (o-rings) and Delrin (Polyoxymethylene, which is what the BlurFix3+ is made of). These links may be useful if someone would like to experiment Delrin--- http://www.omsdive.com/delrin_chem_chart.html Nitrile--- http://www.balseal.com/sites/default/fi ... 133101.pdf We ask that users always use good judgement in choosing a liquid, always follow safe practices, and DO NOT ATTEMPT to fill the cavity with something that MAY BE HARMFUL to yourself or the environment.

Instructions for the BlurFix3+ can be found here--- http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/instructions
BlurFix
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Rambo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Haha, thanks Bill, funnily enough beer or spirits had entered my mind when I read alcohol in your intro, umm, I'm thinking Ouzo and raspberry cordial. Would that help with white balance underwater?...only joking.

From using your previous products, knowing how thorough BlurFix are with their product testing, I'm not at all surprised to hear the new products have been given a good workout.

Guys, this company make excellent products, they're not the cheapest, but the quality and workmanship is second to none and their customer service, reputation and product backing is faultless, they also partner with other quality companies like Tiffen and Marumi for their glass.

Check them out.
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby mullet » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:22 pm

How are these held onto the housing? I use my cameras for 200+mph runs in my cars and they face backwards. I need to know they won't fly off at speed.
mullet

Postby martcerv » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:47 am

I cant see this coming off at speed, part of the seal has an o-ring on the inside that grips the outside of the housing lens. These are a bit tighter then the earlier blurfix 3's but I never had one of them come off though I don't do 200mph in anything but commercial airliners sitting in economy class :lol: . I would really be surprised if one of these came off plus you can even have it tethered for added safety. I guess possibly if the cam is facing backwards and the wind is forcing the filter away from the camera its possible it could come loose at those speeds and that's when the tether would be needed just in case if the wind can come from behind the adapter.

Possibly also if you sealed it with warm liquid as it cools this would reduce the water pressure and make the adapter and filter hold even stronger.
Forum Moderator

Support our Sponsors - Click the Links
Surya Prihadi - Advanced GoPro Tester
Snake River Prototyping - BlurFix - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Nov 2013
Sports Camera Hire & Sales Australia
HydroRemote Cable Systems
Hobby Mounts UK
Outdoor Equipment Rentals
Hardened Power Systems
Cam-Do
Fotodiox Pro - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Feb 2014
martcerv
Forum Mod

Postby suryaprihadi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:55 am

mullet wrote:How are these held onto the housing? I use my cameras for 200+mph runs in my cars and they face backwards. I need to know they won't fly off at speed.

Place camera behind something blocking the wind force.... :mrgreen: seriously.
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby mullet » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:17 am

suryaprihadi wrote:
mullet wrote:How are these held onto the housing? I use my cameras for 200+mph runs in my cars and they face backwards. I need to know they won't fly off at speed.

Place camera behind something blocking the wind force.... :mrgreen: seriously.

don't like those angles. :)
mullet

Postby BlurFix » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:11 am

I would suggest using one of the supplied o rings for this application, using the sealed method creates a vacuum effect I wouldn't anticipate an issue since it's very difficult to pull of by hand when using this method. I would always recommend using the lanyard, like Marty mentioned.
BlurFix
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Next

Return to GoPro Clear Vision