Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Leak?

This Old Forum unlocked but ARCHIVED.

Leak?

Postby lukejc » Sun May 30, 2010 9:45 am

Hi guys,

Just got a go pro.

Took it out to muck around with in the surf yesterday and after about half an hour it seemed as though a few water droplets had gotten in?

I may have just been super nervous about it, but i made sure there were no particles or hair in the rubber seal or anything.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Luke
lukejc

Re: Leak?

Postby kristjan » Mon May 31, 2010 5:43 am

Few days ago I managed to flip into the lake with a non waterproof door ( controlled everything except the door before the action). I then took out the battery, sd card and thought to myself that DAMN I just bought the camera 2 weeks ago and already drowned it without even getting to the epic footage. Luckily though camera somehow survived. Amazing piece of engineering :D
kristjan

Postby Rambo » Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 am

Fresh water normally won't hurt a camera if you had it switched off or removed the battery immediately. Salt water will kill it.

In the past i've dropped cams into saltwater, stripped them and washed in fresh tap water, spun dry and left to dry fully in a warm location like above a refrigerator grill for 2 weeks.

1 lost
1 recovered
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby lukejc » Mon May 31, 2010 6:09 pm

Thanks for the help guys!

Pretty interesting about the freshwater mishap.

Luke
lukejc

Postby flspearin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:44 am

How do I check the button seals? Mine has been leaking recently and I have no idea why
flspearin

Postby lukejc » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:31 am

good question..
not sure if mine are leaking but would be interested to find out if they do
lukejc

Postby Rambo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 am

flspearin wrote:How do I check the button seals? Mine has been leaking recently and I have no idea why

Usually because they don't get washed in fresh water after use.

Remove the cam, wash the entire case in soapy water pressing the buttons often.

Don't try and disassemble the buttons, the little cir-clip is extremely hard to reassemble.

If you don't have any success buy a new case rather than risk the camera.
Rambo
Site Admin

Definate leak

Postby lukejc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:22 am

Hi guys

Took my gopro out this morning for a sur on the fcs mount, cool angle and things but the housing started to leak after around ten minutes. Camera flashe a few times on display screen and then turned off.

On the way to drop It back to shop for them to then send to supplier. Did so many tests under water in baths etc and put high water pressure on with the tap to.

Pretty dissapointing especially since I was do pedantic about it and checked seals to make sure everything was perfect.

Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers
lukejc

Next

Return to Old Forum Topics - HD1, HD2 & HD3