Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

New GoPro User and GoPro Studio

Mac related Editing Software but NOT GoPro Studio

New GoPro User and GoPro Studio

Postby Bdub1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 am

Just got my GoPro Hero Black +3 Surf edition and learning all of the possibilities. Downloaded Studio and played a bit with it WITHOUT the manual. I'm pretty much a nimrod on this tech stuff so will be reading the manual thoroughly. Also big props to Abe on the Forum for his postings. But the quick question is: Is Studio a good program to work with videos for someone who has not done any editing before? I have a Mac, would iMovie or a 3rd party app be easier to get up and running or is Studio the easiest and most intuitive for someone with less than zero experience. Thanks.
Bdub1

Re: New GoPro User and GoPro Studio

Postby Pbobill » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:49 am

I’m a new user as well and question the rendering process on the GoPro software. So do you have to down load each video, open it in the GoPro software, then complete the rendering process to work with it in Iphoto and or adobe premier?
Pbobill

Re: New GoPro User and GoPro Studio

Postby JT the Bikeman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:13 am

So do you have to down load each video, open it in the GoPro software, then complete the rendering process to work with it in Iphoto and or adobe premier?

No you do not have to go through GoPro studio. You can Import to imovie or premiere directly from your sd card.
Remember a huge best practice is to not delete the files from sd card via computer after downloading to computer but instead place card back in GoPro and delete all files via the option on the camera.
JT the Bikeman

Return to Mac