Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

No Sound on Hero2

This Old Forum unlocked but ARCHIVED.

Re: No Sound on Hero2

Postby seanboy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:13 am

new to the site but i have the same issue, just bought the camera on vacation and no sound for my videos. not to happy right now. somebody please help
seanboy

Postby Shelshelly90 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:16 pm

i just bought a GoPro Hero 2 two days ago and it will record 17 seconds of audio and then get static for a second then no audio for the rest of the video. seems like gopros are just a pile of S--T. anyone heard anything positive back from them?
Shelshelly90

Postby Jcapelo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:04 pm

I have the same issue, I recorded 5 videos yesterday out on the 4 wheeler (mounted to my helemet) the first 3 videos under 3 mins long all had sound. the fourth video was 25mins long and no sound on the whole video, the 5th video was 6 mins long and it had audio again. all the test videos I have taken after have all had video just the large one didnt record audio (only video I really wanted doesnt have audio) Is there anyway to get this audio Back? the gopro seems to be working fine now but I dont want to always have to wonder if the audio is working.
Jcapelo

Postby jdlc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:00 am

It happened to me today, I tried some external mic and the connector was a bit hard to plug in. When I recorded again with internal mic, no sound, just noises and interference. Any external mic plugged, its works fine again.
As someone said earlier in the thread, it may be a hardware problem (some pin not going back in place after removing the mic). I'll try tomorrow to open the cam and fix that. I did open it once already so I guess I can't send the cam back to gopro...
jdlc

Postby jdlc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:37 am

I can't seem to find where this pin is, and what to do with it. Does anybody have any info on this ? Maybe some way to shortcut something, so there's only the internal mic ? I don't care about external mic so much, if I'd knew I wouldn't have tried :cry:
jdlc

Postby yaro137 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:19 am

Same problem here. Every now and then my Hero 2 just won't record any audio. Luckily still under a warranty. Will be sending it back.
yaro137

Postby GlenRose » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Add me to the list, mine stopped working a few days ago after using an ECM sony mic. Not -too- phased as the internal mic is really horrible, but still not good!

I did have a look in the socket and am not too sure what a previous poster was referring too with regard to an "etched" bit that he pried up. There's a tiny flap of metal at the bottom but not sure if that's just the contact for the plug or the "switch" ? Some further clarification would be -awesome-!

Thanks.
GlenRose

Postby w_nikolai » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Yet another voice registering "no sound problem" ... my Hero 2, Outdoor Edition, has worked fine for months, then two clips in a row didn't have sound, now the next clip DOES have sound ... I've never plugged in an external mic.
w_nikolai

Postby Kevski » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:40 am

Same problem, yesterday I recorded 22 clips, 2 of them don't have sound recorded.
Video editing program shows a continuous sound level, left -28 right -31, but their is no sound audible.

The clip before and after one where the sound is missing have sound (so it it not 2 clips in a row)

I never had this problem on my previous Hero2, which was bricked after firmware update v198.
Current camera uses v198.
Always used the same SD card: SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s 32GB.
Never used a external mic.

Maybe it could also be something with the new camera, did not use this one really much because of the winter.
Kevski

Previous

Return to Old Forum Topics - HD1, HD2 & HD3