Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

No sound

This Old Forum is now locked but ARCHIVED, if anyone wants a thread resurrected, let us know and it will be transferred to the Updated Forums.

No sound

Postby Remaxed » Mon May 02, 2011 10:24 am

Out on the motorcycle today and instead of keeping the cam recording all the time, instead I push the shutter button about every 5 minutes so as I have more "smaller" files to import into editing program. O.k. so here's the problem...I have about 18 video clips from today in "my videos" and I played them all back, but the sound is completely gone from 3 of them. This is not good having to worry about getting excellent vid and no sound from the GoPro. Anyone no why? Thanks
Remaxed

Re: No sound

Postby Rambo » Mon May 02, 2011 10:44 am

How have you verified no audio exists??
Support our Sponsors - Click the Links
Gon'Feel GPS & PHYSICS OVERLAYS on your VIDEOS - NEW
Spinpod : TimeLapse Motion System
Snake River Prototyping - BlurFix - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW
Sports Camera Hire & Sales Australia
Hobby Mounts UK
Outdoor Equipment Rentals
Hardened Power Systems
Cam-Do
Fotodiox Pro - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW
AccessoryHero UK - FlowMow
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby Remaxed » Mon May 02, 2011 11:02 am

On 15 of my 18 video clips from today sound is fine. On 3 of them there is NO sound AT ALL. Rambo, when you say "verify no audio exists" is there another way that you mean to verify?
Remaxed

Postby Rambo » Mon May 02, 2011 11:06 am

Have you tried playing them another way, ie TV, different PC, dropping them in an editor, etc. The sound info may be there, but just not decoding.
Hobby Mounts UK
Hardened Power Systems
Cam-Do
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby Remaxed » Mon May 02, 2011 11:30 am

dropped one in WLMM and again...nothing. I can try the tv thing later but, it doesn't seem good. (btw fyi it's in 720 @60 fps) I kept the camera ON a good part of the day, and kept clicking the shutter button to record for about 5 minutes and then off for a minute and then back recording for five. I have it chest mounted so at least it's not taking a real beating. ?????????? Perfect weather and all too. This never happened to me b4 (used it a fair amount since buying it 2 months ago.
Remaxed

Postby Rambo » Mon May 02, 2011 11:36 am

Look for something common between the 3 files or a pattern. Were they consecutive, bigger than the others, etc.
Hobby Mounts UK
Hardened Power Systems
Cam-Do
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby Remaxed » Mon May 02, 2011 11:42 am

Good thinking. I will spend some time when I can. I will let you know if I come up with something. Thank you for your help. I Really appreciate it.
Remaxed

Postby Remaxed » Mon May 02, 2011 11:47 am

Just thought of this too...I'm using a Transcend 32gb class 10 card. ok??????
Remaxed

Postby Den111 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:54 am

Hi,
I have the same problem on my GoPro HD.
sometimes with sound, sometimes with no sound....
When I format the SD-card (with the Gopro), the first record is with sound. After, sometimes with sound, sometimes without.......
I don't really understand what is the problem.

I tried on Transcend SDHC 16Gb class 10 and on other 4Gb class 4, same problem....

I don't know if i have to send my gopro to SAV or if the problem is my SD Card.

thanks for your help
(I'm french, sorry for my English lol)
Den111

Postby TheTalentScout » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:36 am

Hi guys, I've been having the same problem. Just got my GoPro HD a week or two ago - but I use it a lot. Today is the first time it's done it but 2 out of four takes were without sound! I'm also using Transcend SDHC 16Gb class 10 - but I shoot professionally with these cards on Canon DSLRs and have had no problems. This random 'no sound' issue is a pretty big one for such a pricey camera. I too was shooting at 720p, 60fps. I imported the films into FCP - there ARE sound files recorded, but they are mute. Files sizes vary - one was 1min 19 secs. The other was over 12 minutes. Changed nothing (obviously wasn't aware of the issue yet as I was out and about) and the next two files recorded sound fine.

I can't imagine it would be an issue with the card. When I've had issues with cards before (on other cameras) they've corrupted the entire card and had to be replaced. The cards are working fine - in all my cameras and laptops. So, I feel like this must be a recording issue - a hardware problem. Has anyone found any fixes for this before I throw this back at GoPro? Does their firmware update stop this from happening?

Cheers.
TheTalentScout

Next

Return to Old Forum Topics - Questions, Problems and Observations - HD1, HD2 & HD3