Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

"not enough space" issue -- FIXED in 2.5.6 (exists in 2.5.4)

Discussion of All GoPro Studio Software Versions and issues

Re: "not enough space" issue with latest 2.0.1.317 studio

Postby Beaker49k » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 am

Same issue here. Uninstalled the latest version and went back to the older one...seems to have resolved the problem.
Beaker49k

Postby drehkraft1 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:38 am

I also had to install the earlier version in order to convert my files, what a PITA

I guess it's free software . . .
drehkraft1

Postby acme » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Same problem here, newest software version. Some times it works, some times gaves me the finger with "not enough space"... All projects are similar. I got over 750 GB free space.

Pls help.

regards, Peter
acme

Postby acme » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:51 am

ok, there is a possibility that I've discovered the solution.

Step 1, convertion list on the right side - every single file from that list must be marked with mouse coursor and then location of save beneath the image (middle down at the screen) must be changed to location with bigger capacity. Mine was c:\desktop as default. I was changing it to other location but then I discovered that the change does not apply to all files but only to the file that is currently active.

I've changed all files location and it is just finishing the convertion.

Ehhh...
acme

Postby TheBrodster » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:12 am

acme wrote:ok, there is a possibility that I've discovered the solution.

Step 1, convertion list on the right side - every single file from that list must be marked with mouse coursor and then location of save beneath the image (middle down at the screen) must be changed to location with bigger capacity. Mine was c:\desktop as default. I was changing it to other location but then I discovered that the change does not apply to all files but only to the file that is currently active.

I've changed all files location and it is just finishing the convertion.

Ehhh...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This works!!! You just saved me. Thank you!!!!!!
TheBrodster

"not enough space" issue with latest studio

Postby mihaido » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:21 am

Happens to me as well and it's very annoying to overcome.
Please spend some time to properly multiply bitrate estimation with number of seconds in OUTPUT clips!!!

Steps to reproduce (just in case some developer cares):
I shoot 5 clips worth in total ~40 minutes of 1080p video 48fps.
Those clips I patiently watched / revided / reconsidered and of them I extracted a total of ~20 smaller portions / clips which in the end I wanted to convert. Those clips had in total around 17 minutes.
Hit "convert all" -> application sais there is not enough space on a drive with ~150 GB of disk free.

Workaround:
1. Saving the project once,
2. save as different project, remove most of the clips -> I can convert a few of them
3. repeat step 2 until all clips are converted.

During step 2 and 3 many many bugs appear:
- application hangs
- application crashes
- application does not show "convert all" button but "go to step 2" instead (this happens if application is not closed after performing a conversion even if a different project is loaded)
- clips cannot be removed in batches even if we select more than one with CTRL or SHIFT -> "Delete" key does nothing, context menu "remove clip" removes only one - I wonder what would happen if I had 100 clips in that project...

I wonder why good hardware producers always come up with such bad software?
mihaido

Postby microman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:27 am

I used the download.com link to carefully download and install the old version.

This resolved my issue with the "not enough space" message but if you are considering this work around, be warned..............

The Download.com installer will, if you don't prevent it, install loads of crap on your computer.

Take your time and read every screen before clicking!
microman

Postby Legaluser » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:10 pm

I have this issue too: 17 min of raw 1080 vid; 100g on the drive available. Error: "there is not enough space available to convert all the files selected. Please either clear some space on the drive or choose another destination." I have the latest edition GoPro Studio, downloaded 8/1/14. My Rig: Aurora I-7 processor, 4 TB HD, 25G Ram, dual 670GTX vid cards. Only 4 min of conversion for the clips. Is this bug being worked?
Legaluser

Postby themissingelf » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:19 am

FWIW... I've been struggling with this problem too; unable to work out why I cannot convert files to a NAS with terrabytes of free space... Tonight I had a eureka moment which paid off. I mapped the folder I'm using for project footage (e.g. the root folder containing all the folders containing footage for each of my projects) to Windows. It worked - problem solved. I'm using 2.0.1.319.
themissingelf

Postby aghinozya » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:39 pm

"Re: "not enough space" issue with latest 2.0.1.317 studio

Post by themissingelf » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:19 am
FWIW... I've been struggling with this problem too; unable to work out why I cannot convert files to a NAS with terrabytes of free space... Tonight I had a eureka moment which paid off. I mapped the folder I'm using for project footage (e.g. the root folder containing all the folders containing footage for each of my projects) to Windows. It worked - problem solved. I'm using 2.0.1.319."

Themissinggelf, sorry what do tou intend for "I mapped the folder I'm using for project footage to Windows"? Thx regards.
aghinozya

PreviousNext

Return to GoPro Studio Software