Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

"not enough space" issue -- FIXED in 2.5.6 (exists in 2.5.4)

Discussion of All GoPro Studio Software Versions and issues

Re: "not enough space" issue with latest 2.0.1.317 studio

Postby PTCX » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Anyone tried the latest version of GPS,2.0.1.319,it must have been released just in the past couple of days.
I'll wait until after I get home to start playing with it.
PTCX

Postby VinceWright » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Having added additional memory and an extra hard drive, I found a simple resolution to this problem elsewhere; start the conversion process when you have half a dozen clips or so. Add another five or six and then click convert again. Waiting until you have finished stage one before moving on to stage two does not seem to work as the video gets longer.
VinceWright

Postby DukeGreen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:02 am

Had this same issue w/ version 2.5.2.395. I used 2.0.?.? and never had any trouble. When told I did not have enough drive space (305 GB for 6 min, 14 clips @ 1080-60), I changed directories, got the same thing every one I tried, even drives w/ 2 TB available. Seems it made its mind up and would not change it. I took VinceWright's advice, removed all but 5 of the clips and finished going thru like that, a few clips at a time.

I can't speak about Step 2, I use Studio to carve out .avi files, then use another editing program.

Slight hiccup, still a great camera.

Duke
DukeGreen

Postby drummerbod » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Had same problem with version 2.5.0.384 which I downloaded about 5 or 6 weeks ago.

Latest version 2.5.3.400 has resolved the issue.
drummerbod

Postby Jared_Marshall14.GOPRO » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:43 am

I was having the same problems and I found that converting to .mov worked in converting the files.
Jared_Marshall14.GOPRO

Postby Phennig » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:06 pm

acme wrote:ok, there is a possibility that I've discovered the solution.

Step 1, convertion list on the right side - every single file from that list must be marked with mouse coursor and then location of save beneath the image (middle down at the screen) must be changed to location with bigger capacity. Mine was c:\desktop as default. I was changing it to other location but then I discovered that the change does not apply to all files but only to the file that is currently active.

I've changed all files location and it is just finishing the convertion.

Ehhh...

As The Brodster wrote...the above short term solution from Acme IS the work-around. One must click on EACH clip to be converted on the right side and for EACH one select the destination with enough space to hold the converted result(s). The solution is for GP to fix it so after having selected all clips to be converted (ctrl A), one would simply go through the act of changing the destination folder just once, and they all would go there.

Thanks for your diligence Acme! Let's get to work GP!
Phennig

Postby sangria » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:48 pm

I got the same exact problem and before I delete my project to save up some space, I googled it and came a cross this topic (Thank God) I downgraded and installed the old version, opened my project and it works like a charm. Can you please fix this bug on the new version? Thanks a lot!
sangria

still broken on 2.5.4

Postby sporter » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Futhermucker! Just downloaded the latest 2.5.4 assuming this issue would be fixed. Not!
I added 5 clips and converted them successfully but then after adding 30 more same error.
WTF GoPro?!

BTW, the workaround mentioned by Acme doesn't work for me. When I click on each clip in the conversion window they all show the proper output directory (I typically set this before adding any clips for conversion).

I suspect the same issue described by mihaido -- that the space calculations being made are bogus when you have lots of very small clips. Only able to make progress on this version using mihaido's workaround to create extra copies of the project and delete enough clips from the conversion window until it accepts the conversion.
sporter

Re: "not enough space" issue with latest 2.5.4 (was 2.0.1.31

Postby darylgwyn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:42 am

I found today that I can literally only convert 5 clips at a time.
I had 20 in the right column, and it gave me the "not enough space" error.
I then deleted them and did 5 at a time, and have now done all 20.... so there was DEFINITLY enough space!
This is REALLY annoying!!
darylgwyn

Re: "not enough space" issue with latest 2.5.4 (was 2.0.1.31

Postby Natch » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:56 am

I JUST FOUND A WORKAROUND!

1. Import all clips into the left column and trim IN/OUT as desired
2. Select a small number of clips in the left column and add them to the conversion list (probably even selecting one is enough)
3. Start conversion
4. As soon as the conversion runs on the first clip, select all remaining clips in the left column and add them to the conversion list
5. The conversion list will be updated and all clips will be converted

It seems that the stupid GoPro Studio software just checks (and miscalculates) disk space when you hit the "start conversion" button!
Natch

PreviousNext

Return to GoPro Studio Software