Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Is it totally impossible to use Android app with HD Hero?

Discuss the GoPro Hero 5Mp & HD 960 in General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

Is it totally impossible to use Android app with HD Hero?

Postby apro » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:24 am

GoPro claims that wifi bacpac is compatible with Hero 1 and 2, but Android app description says that the app is compatible with 2 and 3. And I have noticed that right after I had ordered the bacpac.
Did anyone try?
apro

Re: Is it totally impossible to use Android app with HD Hero

Postby timtim123 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:43 am

Interested in everyone's knowledge on this. Got a HD Hero (original) recently and really wanted to use an app with it. Wondering if the app will work with the wifi backbac or if the remote is absolutely needed.
timtim123

Postby reggiehg » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Any news on this at all? I'm hoping there has been some development on this. If not, is there a particular reason, like not much original Hero users or hardware issue?
reggiehg

Postby reggiehg » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:39 pm

TFTR, Rambo! I just would have thought techies working independently on the Android end could serve something up. The original HD Hero can talk to Windows like a regular hard drive, so it should be relatively easy for Android device driver techs.
reggiehg

Postby flareside » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:46 am

reggiehg wrote:...The original HD Hero can talk to Windows like a regular hard drive, so it should be relatively easy for Android device driver techs.

What specifically are you wanting to do? The OP's question regarded app access through the wifi bacpac. If you are just wanting to download and view files via card reader (and OTG adapter as needed), that is fully possible with readily available apps.
flareside

Postby reggiehg » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:03 am

O, right, I was focused just on the subject.

Actually, I just want to connect the HD directly to Android Jelly Bean via OTG, without using a card reader. Unfortunately, the files aren't readable off the cuff, as a regular flash drive would be. Would the GoPro app work? I haven't tried it because of the incompatibility declaration. Are there other apps that can do that?
reggiehg

Postby flareside » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:04 am

My (cheap) tablet didn't respond well to being attached directly to an HD but your mileage may differ. As far as software, you need a file directory app. Ref: card-backup-using-android-devices-t17195.html The inexpensive OTG hub/card reader shown in that link is exceptionally handy.
flareside

Postby reggiehg » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:18 am

Tftr, Flareside!

Your reference uses card readers via OTG. I can already do that without the need for additional apps. But I'd rather use the HD as THE card reader if that was possible, even if I needed to use an additional app. & I can't really see why not as that's how it functions with Windows 8.
reggiehg

Return to GoPro Hero 5MP & HD Hero 960