Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Introducing the BlurFix3+ and BlurFix3/3+ holder by SRP

Anti-fog, Anti-Spot Caps, Filters, Polarizers, Macros, Lenses etc. NO Camera issues Please.

Re: Introducing the BlurFix3+ and BlurFix3/3+ holder by SRP

Postby mullet » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:48 am

BlurFix wrote:
mullet wrote:How are these held onto the housing? I use my cameras for 200+mph runs in my cars and they face backwards. I need to know they won't fly off at speed.

I would suggest using one of the supplied o rings for this application, using the sealed method creates a vacuum effect I wouldn't anticipate an issue since it's very difficult to pull of by hand when using this method. I would always recommend using the lanyard, like Marty mentioned.

I'd like to report back on my question if these can hold onto a car at 200mph. I got a Blurfix for my Hero3+ and a few filters and tested at speeds up to 185 mph a few days ago. I can say they held on without a issue. They were on the windshield of my 1800+ hp Gallardo pointing back over the car. We were testing for the TX2K Roll Race Nationals at Texas World Speedway. Check out the video below and you will see the camera pointing towards the back of the car is the Blurfix camera and the one out the front did not have the Blurfix attached (it will be on there next time for sure). I can say I 100% endorse this product and will be outfitting all my GP's with them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwEcxuqzj1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyjL2Ne79es
mullet

Postby madhun » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:29 pm

That's awesome. How do you fix it to the roof of the Lambo?
madhun

Postby Stumpy Vision » Tue May 27, 2014 2:38 pm

I am intersted in purchasing the Blurfix for my Hero3 for surf photography but it looks like on the Blurfix for the Hero3 plus has a solution for water intrusion? Or is there an O-ring available for the Blurix for Hero3 as we to achieve this?
Stumpy Vision

Postby heckofagator » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:47 am

Hi all, I was planning to get the BlurFix3+ and was curious if the thickness of the filters make a difference on the vignetting on the photos? I've found a reasonable Tiffen 55mm cpl for $16 and then a nicer Marumi Super DHG cpl for $35. The Marumi is thin, while the Tiffen looks much thicker. And I'm wondering if this makes any practical difference on the photos?

Thanks!
heckofagator

Previous

Return to GoPro Clear Vision