Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Syntax error in sdcard

Discuss the GoPro Hero 5Mp & HD 960 in General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

Syntax error in sdcard

Postby stickair » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:07 am

Hi there.

Since yesterday I'm having troubles with my Gopro when I try to record video:
I press on the shutter to start recording and it beeps as it'd exist an error.
Sometimes it appears an "SoS" message in the screen and it doesn't let me do anything.

Today I've recorded some videos and it appeared in the screen "000", "001", "002", "003" and "001" again as I wouldn't recorded anything yet.
Once I've retrieved from my laptop the files inside the sdcard, it appeared a chaos of unreadable folders and files with weird names.

Hope you can help me.
Thanks !
stickair

Re: Syntax error in sdcard

Postby jwhop3 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:20 am

Try formating the SDcard in your computer, do not choose Quick Format, and then format the card again in your GoPro.

How old is the card? Is it from a reliable manufacturer?

It it 10 rated?
jwhop3

Re: Syntax error in sdcard

Postby stickair » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:36 am

I've tried formatting the sdcard from the gopro but I didn't from the computer and not choosing quick format.
I can't try it out right now because my laptop's broken.

The card is a Lexar SDHC 100x 16GB. It has worked always with this gopro and this' the first time I got this problem.

I'll tell you something ...
Thanks!
stickair

Return to GoPro Hero 5MP & HD Hero 960