Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Smatree Rapid Charger and dual battery pack

This section is for PRODUCT REVIEWS done by GoProUserForum Admins. If your company would like to be included here, please PM RAMBO for details.

Smatree Rapid Charger and dual battery pack

Postby Tony4089 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:05 am

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M3PAWFI

Having recently been chosen by Smatree to receive and test this product, I agreed to write a short review. The following is my 100% honest opinion.

First of all I'd like to give a big thumbs up to Smatree for the quick turn around. Good communications throughout the process and the product was delivered on a Sunday! Rapid delivery, well done.

The packaging was great. Small, no excess, nothing fancy, keeps costs down. I like it that way, not a big fan of keeping the packaging for everything, another thumbs up.

The batteries are almost identical to the Gopro ones, except for the sticker obviously. I bunged them both in the charger, hooked it up to a spare USB port on the computer and they were both fully charged within 30 minutes. I think they may have had juice in them, but they don't take long to charge from flat anyway.

The performance is just as good as the Gopro battery. When the Smatree and Gopro batteries are fully charged, they both give the same estimation of use of the Hero screen. I've used them constantly for the last week and a half for filming all sorts and they have not disappointed.

Literally can't pick a fault with them for the price. When compared to the official Gopro replacements, this pack is a steal.

If I was being really picky, I would say the sticker pull tab, needs to be slightly stickier so it doesn't peel away from the camera when you pull it out, but this won't ever cause a problem or affect the use because your fingers keep the pull tab together anyway.

I will definitely be using Smatree again. For anyone looking to grab spares, these are well worth the money. I'm usually a stickler for official products but these have changed my mind.

Well done Smatree, and thanks.
Tony4089

Re: Smatree Rapid Charger and dual battery pack

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:30 am

I love their stuff too. Nice quality and great customer service. Glad you liked the batteries as I need to purchase some additional batteries. I like the fact that they the dual charger system. Last year on holiday I had to constantly monitor my charging status to make sure everything got charged in time for the next days adventure.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby nugopro3 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:40 am

Great idea to post the reviews those of us who were lucky enough to get some items Tony4089, I'm going to post mine now so I don't hijack your post :)
nugopro3

Postby Smatree » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:42 pm

Thank you Tony4089 , we'll keep up the good work!
Smatree - indicated in design and market professional, high-quality, colorful accessories for Gopro. (For US | For UK | Global Shipping)
Smatree
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Tony4089 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:39 am

Sidd, I think in time, I'll buy another one of these packs. Once I've gotten all of the essentials out the way.
Tony4089

Return to Product Reviews