Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

GoPro for large backpack travel

Reliably Power your GoPro, USB, Dummy Battery, etc

GoPro for large backpack travel

Postby MirkoP » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:20 pm

There is some solution for a long travel without a wall power supply
A. many spare betteries
B. External USB charger

For B, I have the Dual Battery Charger + 7000 Ah Battery with two USB port, but the output is 5.0V with 2.1 Ah "MAX" (using both USB)

Using a multytester I found that one USB port from the 7000 Ah battery output has a 1.2Ah and 5.2 V app, but I can charge even a iPad (it needs a 2.1Ah or more)

So, this external USB charger can change the output from 1.2 to 2.1 Ah, depending on the plugged divice? or if is available just one port, this deliver 2.1 Ah when some divice y plugged in.

Someone know something about this? I don't want to damage the bateries or the dual battery charger.
MirkoP

Re: GoPro for large backpack travel

Postby MirkoP » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:23 pm

The idea is charge batteries when I using the gopro, then take the fresh batteries and charge the empy ones and so on. ;)
MirkoP

Return to GoPro External Power Solutions